1995 FORD Bronco: Good or Bad Truck???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raddad51

Reaction score
hmm.. have an 87 xlt 5L,auto

now has 365k on her.previous owner not kind -wiring nightmare from mods

as well as other issues

Still my kids try to borrow it cause theirs is blocked or what ever.

next year the built starts(started ..all new brakes even emerg cables)

has 2 wait as just got wife 99Cobra SVT and her winter unit needed tlc (jeep yj sorry)

both kids already arguin over who gets her when i kick!

Dont like ur bronco Try takin the top of an lettin ur hair down

dont turn yur crank ...sell it

Xxxyank

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but...

LOL People don't know what bad gas mileage is... My previous SUV, which had a 392 from factory, wouldn't get 9 MPG even if you got out and pushed it.

LOL I bought my 95XL 5.0 5spd, cause i wanted decent gas mileage.

Last edited by a moderator:

hammer down bronco

Reaction score
broncos are great, you just need a 5.8l and some of these things are just what you have to deal with if you wanna drive a big bad bronco! ive never had a need for tow hooks because getting stuck isnt an option when your by yourself haha and the hood does **** when your doing hill climbs and the interior is way nicer then a yj or tj lol and my hard top doesnt make noise either....

Captain D

Reaction score
Let me start by saying,I love my Bronco! I returned last week from a 7 week road trip from New Orleans up the east coast to Rhoade Island and back. Many stops in Poconos, Catskills and points in between. Not one problem in 4200 mi.I checked every tank of gas for MPG. The 351 got between 14.5 and 17.3 MPG.I have 6L tune,K+N cold air intake,3" flowmaster 70 series from front cat back,B+M shift improver. I also converted rear brakes to disc. I have Alpine and Polk Audio speakers, so problem with stock audio unit eliminated...excellent sound.Mine is a 95 EB,auto with tow package which I bought new in 95. I have no rattles, have replaced rubber around tailgate and around all windows.No noise from top.

I have 83,000 miles on my truck now and the only time it stranded me was when the coil went bad.Talk about torque, mine has all I need. Mine will pull a heavy boat up a wet steep ramp without spinning tires in 2 wheel drive. I watch my friends in their new Tundras and Silverados spin their tires up the ramp. I don't do any off roading here in S Louisiana, need a marsh buggy for that.

Yes, I could have saved $300 on the trip if I would have driven my car. Where's the adventure in that? The Bronco carried a ton of sh#t and was very comfortable on the trip. Would do it again in a heartbeat and will drive down Baja to Cabo in near future.

Wish I had a 5 speed manual.

Juan, I think something is not right with your Bronco. I want to be buried in mine!

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Like Caption D.. I also took a long road trip. Roughly 6k miles from CO to CA to WA (few trips back-n-forth to Seattle from Sacramento). Not a single issue. However MPG sucks.. I could get 450 miles per fill-up which was nice, but it also took 45min to fill it up (click off every 10 seconds).

For the age, the B does have good power, but not the best. Mine is super slow. But has 322k miles on it..

For snow/trails it's a great offroad truck. For mud/swamp I'd have to say not so much I don't think because of its weight and lack of power and how effective it is.

Either way, good truck. I love mine. Been with me sense new in 89

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Talk about torque, mine has all I need. Mine will pull a heavy boat up a wet steep ramp without spinning tires in 2 wheel drive. I watch my friends in their new Tundras and Silverados spin their tires up the ramp.
Actually, to touch on this.. I think you lack the tourqe. If you have a lot/great amount of tq, you will spin the tires. If you floor yours, and you don't spin the rear tires then you don't have a lot of tq.. you have enough to pull your boat up the ramp. Plus ofcourse a new pickup will spin tires regardless, look at how much power they are putting out. My pickup puts out roughly 400lbs of tq compared to my 200 something in the Bronco.

And you're comparing an SUV vs a pickup. Any pickup will spin before an SUV - You have to think here, weight plays a key role. Hence why SUVs do better in snow/rain than pickups..

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain D

Reaction score
I'm sure you are right. I could spin the tires, but don't need too. Maybe less torque is better in my situations. It has been able to do everything I need so far.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I'm sure you are right. I could spin the tires, but don't need too. Maybe less torque is better in my situations. It has been able to do everything I need so far.
Yeah it really boils down to power and gearing. Hence why a lot of offroaders are pushing out great hp/tq numbers, but they can only do 55mph max

I wouldn't mind putting 5.9 cummins in my current bronco..power plus good mpg :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23