1990 Steering Repairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lstreich

Reaction score
I have a 1990 with steering issues. The shift linkage broke years ago and I parked it. Recently I repaired the linkage at which time the turn signal switch crumbled so I replaced it as well. Now the switch will only detent to the right, see video. Might be a part defect and I'll buy another but throwing it out there for the smart ones to audit before I spend money. Thanks mor to come.

Leo

Attachments

• IMG_7988.JPG
    IMG_7988.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7989.JPG
    IMG_7989.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 4

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Need a bigger picture.

Detent one way would make me think New switch is bad. My first guess anyway.

Maybe not mounted tight or crooked?

jimbronco91

Reaction score
I have a 1990 with steering issues. The shift linkage broke years ago and I parked it. Recently I repaired the linkage at which time the turn signal switch crumbled so I replaced it as well. Now the switch will only detent to the right, see video. Might be a part defect and I'll buy another but throwing it out there for the smart ones to audit before I spend money. Thanks mor to come.

Leo
Try cleaning the ignition switch actuator first. The ignition switch is on the column so 34 years of dirt & debris can be your issue. Once clean spray Silicone on a rag to keep it moving smoothly but not so much it becomes a magnet to dirt & debris.

OP
OP
L

lstreich

Reaction score
Need a bigger picture.

Detent one way would make me think New switch is bad. My first guess anyway.

Maybe not mounted tight or crooked?
Doesn't look like the video came thru. I upload again.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cblowe94