wont turn over when engine is hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Ok I hear your frustration...it is frustrating.

Go to an Advance Auto parts or other Parts place, or where you bought your battery or starter and have them do a load test.

This will tell if the battery is getting a great draw from the starter, or if the starter is ok and the battery is weak. If you have changed the cables, you can eliminate that from the problem list.

you did say after wrapping the exhaust and putting a shield on the starter the problem went away for awhile. That indicates the starter is bad.

Good Luck.

mooseye

Reaction score
Yes, I know this has cob webs all over it but I have the same problem now and would love to know if and what you found to be the cause. ???

nelbur

Reaction score
I know you said you replaced the starter, but turning slowly when hot, is a common symptom of Ford starters on their death bed.   I would remove the starter and have it checked at the local parts place.   You might want to use a different place than the one you bought it from.

mooseye

Reaction score
Yes, I know this has cob webs all over it but I have the same problem now and would love to know if and what you found to be the cause. ???
I went thru the positive side wiring from battery post to starter terminal with emory cloth and a brass wire brush and ground the face of the nuts down and it has not had the problem, BUT, the supposed causative sequence of events has not occurred since. I will post when I have conclusive results.

I think this is a problem that could have several different causes and maybe even several combinations of causes.. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK