Tires And Gas Milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preacher

Reaction score
okay... i've got an easy question. i bought my bronco last month and it had 225/75r15's on it and i know that the stock tires are 265/75r15's. i drive abought 52 miles a day to and from workmy average speed is 60 mph. i live out in the middle of nowhere so i have to come to a full stop only once. my question is this: if i swap the 225's for some 31's will that make my gas milage go down. i really hate the tires that are on there now; they make it look like a midget bronco. the tires are bald so i have to get new tires anyway. i just want to make sure that my milage won't go down TOO much. TIA...

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
the 265 size tires are about 31" tall anyway, so whichever set you choose will be better. You fuel mileage will likely increase, but only by a bit, since the slightly larger tire is getting fewer revolutions per minute, allowing the engine to run at a slightly slower speed, saving a little bit of fuel. BUT, that doesn't mean that running 33-35" tires on stock gears will make for even better fuel mileage, it won't

But to answer your question, the 31s will work perfectly well with your Bronco

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948