Tire Carrier Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjf150

Reaction score
I’m new to the forum. I picked up a tire carrier for our 1996 Ford Bronco yesterday and I started looking at the diagram below and I noticed that it needs two Pads (1A475) where it mounts to the body. Anyone have any luck finding these or an adequate alternative?
1705701430841.jpeg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Mjf150,
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the very best year Big Bronco known to men, women, children and canines!

FordPartsWiki
http://ww.fordpartswiki.com › getpa...

1A475
Obsolete - Supercede - Interchange Manual FPS 7632-5 January 1994

ElroyD wrote; "I cut pieces from inner tube and glued them to back of hinge."
The Pad part (1A475) is not available from Ford or and supplier nor private Enterprises.
Other Bronco Owner's never saw a pad under their external Swingaway tire carrier.

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/bronco/1996/owner-manuals/

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options by Steve83 @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

96 Chassis & Engine Service Manuals @ 1996 Ford Truck Service Manuals - Google Drive
In pop-up, Click "Drive"
●Due to an overnight Google Drive issue this 1996 Ford Truck POWERTRAIN-DRIVETRAIN.pdf (182M) is said to be too large for Google to scan for viruses. They ask, "Would you still like to download this file?" Unfortunately, after I tried, Google asks: Would you still like to download this file? I agreed, and was able to download!

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom!

See my mostly recovered site by member schwim @ Ford Bronco And F-150 Links - FORD BRONCO It contains boo-koo component repairs, installation & parts sources.

Enjoy our site!
Al

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Mjf150,
I didn't have the Pad due to it engine considered Obsolete by Ford.

We purchased our 96 new in 96 and another driver hit us from behind at a red light. The external Swingaway tire carrier was damaged and the Pads weren't attached when the body shop removed the carrier. .

OP
OP
M

Mjf150

Reaction score
I finally found a swing gate for our 1996 Ford Bronco. I brought it to have it powdered coated. When I got it back, it was missing the rod that connects the handle to the latch. On the off chance they cannot locate it, does any have one they could sell, or at the very least the measurement? Thank you.

1708745764822.jpeg

Ray_Bronco

Reaction score
looking around 11 3/16 from center hole to center hole.. you can purchase a tail gate rod from lmc or someone and cut to fit.. it will already have the one bend in it..

Ray_Bronco

Reaction score
I’m new to the forum. I picked up a tire carrier for our 1996 Ford Bronco yesterday and I started looking at the diagram below and I noticed that it needs two Pads (1A475) where it mounts to the body. Anyone have any luck finding these or an adequate alternative?
View attachment 31972
i would use some sound damping sheets cut to fit.. if you cant find anything

OP
OP
M

Mjf150

Reaction score
My wife had an extra workout stretch band that she was replacing, so I cut it to fit and it worked great!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK