rear tow point question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-150 Mudder

Reaction score
Hey Mudder... thanks for the reply.I'll take everyone's advice, certainly it is sound advice.

Last time out, I dropped my bumper pretty ******* a rock, and she ain't pretty anymore, (unless you look at her from the left side). So I am curious, did it get bent from a straight steady pull? OR did you try to **** or snap it out?

Using a chain or tow strap, and a little running start is much more stressful, (and more likley to break stuff) than using a recovery strap, and a steady pull.

Thanks

joe

I will admit that part of the problem that I had was that is was ****** out and we could not pull it with a steady pull. But with the steady pull we did bend it a little bit, it wasn't ruined until the jerking started. It was also with a chain another poor decision but unfortunately it was bout 2 in the morning and my truck had run out of gas in the middle of the woods and we had no choice but to use what we had to get me back to the house. I have since fixed the gas gauge and put a very stout steal tube bumper and I am going to try and mount the reese hitch I have at the house to mount on the frame. All in all I got the truck home with no major damage and have seen the reasoning for not making the same mistakes again.

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
Well if you have your stock air cleaner on a carbed engine itll say 5.8 litre 351 H.O. And i believe the fuelie 351s say 5.8 High Output on the upeer intake plenium, im sure it been awhile since i last worked on fuelie 351.
thanks for answering my question turns out i dont have a 351 ** kinda bumed but im gonna add to the block anyway. new heads, headers, and i guess whatever else i can think of.

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
I had a 1986 Eddie Bauer Bronco that the air cleaner top was printed with 5.8L 4V/** and it had a Holley for Motorcraft 4 barrel carb (which I think was a 600 series) the 4v stood for four venturi tubes in the carb (I think). I think it was a Cleveland with solid lifters...or so I was told.

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
I had a 1986 Eddie Bauer Bronco that the air cleaner top was printed with 5.8L 4V/** and it had a Holley for Motorcraft 4 barrel carb (which I think was a 600 series) the 4v stood for four venturi tubes in the carb (I think). I think it was a Cleveland with solid lifters...or so I was told.
also sounds like it could be a 351 windsor high output. thats the motor i wanted. great motor will last forever if ya treat it right.

Bebop Man

Reaction score
This is my solution for the 'Rear Tow Point' question. A couple hooks from NAPA, 2" bar stock, and some time with a Mig Welder.

P3080007.JPG

P3080009.JPG

OP
OP
BroncoJoe19

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
crazy ive never heard of that. the locking pin got bent.. how can that exactly happen.
It surprised me too, but I had no reason to question the poster. I had not seen it personally.

I guess if one slides a tow strap up inside the receiver, and inserts the pin. If the strap pulls more in the center of the pin, hard enough, it could bend.

89eddie89

Reaction score
from the looks of my somewhat "tow point," it seems to have been welded on... could I could put like a 2" reciever inside of it??

OP
OP
BroncoJoe19

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
from the looks of my somewhat "tow point," it seems to have been welded on... could I could put like a 2" reciever inside of it??
Eddie,

Please post a picture so that we can see what you are talking about.

joe

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
Well Im at school right now, but I will post a pic late tonight after my baseball game.

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
probly help. anyway im still haveing trouble with my bronco.. sad i know. seems no matter how many time i tune the carb.. shes great for a few days the goes back to blowing black smoke and being flooded.. any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23