Homemade Snorkel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednek

Reaction score
exhaust snorkeys would be 10x harder. ya gotta bring all kinds of things into mind (legal,heat,etc.) one time i gott my Kawasaki mule 3010 stuck and it shut down on me... i pulled it out with the tractor.. and turned it right over all kinds of water and mud came blasting out the exhaust... then it fired right up! i was like "Wow" it has ran fine ever since.... so idk about truck exhaust.... i think its okay since you rarely stop and turn it off while the rear pipes are under water and the truck is tilted forward......
the jokes and funny stuff is full of the f word and **** and stuff. idk w/e

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
muddridder said:
WoW Broncojoe19..your getting aliitle high and mighty with your comments.Rednek used an F word...what's the big deal??This site has mainly male members and out of all the pots I have read, none of them ever offened me not even the ones with the F word.If 73,216 posts have been made and only 20 have the F word in them...I would have to say thats not bad for a site that is mainly a bunch of guys talking shop about one anothers trucks.If you put to guys together in my shop or any shop for that matter ...I can almost be proof positive you will here the F word alot.And the post I made about the snorkle.....I was kidding....... :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
muddridder,

High and mighty? Please believe me, I have been very reserved with my comments.

Regarding the use of the F word. It is probably the most over used word in the english language, in some shops, and perhaps in your's there are few sentences that are utterred without its inclusion. Perhaps you have not noted that on THIS site, members are respectful enough that when they do use foul language they sensor it. Even the word $hit is almost never found spelled out here.

Personally I put a lot of time into taking pictures of each step, with an explanation of how to build the snorkel, others have posted information on how to water tight the engine so one can go submarineing. So, am I so out of line to politely request that the F word be removed from what is essentially an instructional piece?

Now that rednek has responded with a refusal to edit his post, I am going to ask a moderator to clean the thread. That's all.

Have a nice day.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I think it might be a good idea to add a drain for the air cleaner box, should some water get in there.

I picked this up yesterday, and think it will work out well.

I'm told that it is a pipe thread. A regular nut may not fit. IF that is the case, then I might cut the fitting on the right back so that it will function as a nut, and then silicone it to the bottom of the air box on the side, below the hoses. I'll put a label above it to remind me which way it needs to be turned to open and close it.

snorkelDrain.jpg

Rednek

Reaction score
i agree wiuth muddrider. it just seems like another thing to whine about. idk i always thought i was the youngest one here. but w/e i guess ill change it.

broncojoe idk if you didnt see my offer to make you a cover for your snorkel or if you just ignored it but id say thats kinda rude not even to acknowledge it... oh well.

unless ya have turndowns guys i dont think exhaust snorkels are a big deal at all cuz i think a 302 oe 351 has enough push to keep the mud and water and ____ out of the exhaust... even if a little does get in i doubt it will shut ya down cuz its gotta go far up to the engine..and thru a lot of ____...

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Rednek said... check out some pics like google images look for snorkel.. people have a deal like its a plastic filter with a little cowl over it its good for rain.....

i could even make ya one..... 3 in pipe... i could weld up a little cowl that turns forward with a metal grating type deal (like on a grill) and a steel cowl over it... pm me if ya want me to?

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I thought that your offer was tremendously generous, and I didn't know how to reply. You did say PM you. I hadn't taken the time to search the net for various configurations that would work, or to see what you had seen, and had in mind.

I thought that if you did do it and it came out nicely, and we posted it, perhaps you could have yourself a little side business making snorkel caps for broncos.

Rednek

Reaction score
its ok i didnt take much offense to it lol. dont worry lol im going to be making all kinds of stuff for my bronco this summer... ill make a roll bar for the back to occupy the top of the seat belts for when i take top off... for my buddys ...

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Guys Guys how did this go from a snorkel how to , to a mines bigger than yours contest ? Im giving all 3 of you a chance to clean it up on your own if you cant Ill give you a few days to think about it if you cant be respectful ( thiers more than just males and grown ups on here ) and act adult after that it will be a longer vacation . Were all here to learn :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23