Windshield sealant goo and leaks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wishmeluck

Reaction score
The windshield on my 84' is leaking in a couple places. I called to see how much it would be to have it resealed and the quote was $600...they said because if the glass breaks when removing it they'd have to replace that too. Seemed kind of steep to me, even with the glass replacement but it has been a while since I've had a windshield need replacing.

Anyways, does anyone know what that goo is they used to seal the windshield (butyl, sikaflex, etc) and would it be possible for me to seal up the leaky spots myself?

Thanks.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
This stuff is sold at most parts stores. One tube is enough for a complete windshiled.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000074326/

It is about the only thing readily available. For sealing leaks, you can pull the molding and do it yourself. Clean the area really well, add some urethane. You can even smooth it out if you like.

Cleans up easily with mineral spirits. I recommend having some on hand and using rubber gloves.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane