Hello everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRI4N

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Brian and I just picked up a 1993 XLT Bronco for a steal. I am super pleased with this vehicle's mechanical running at this point. Soon I'm going to take it in to have the trans and electronic 4x4 switch inspected along with the brakes. If anyone has any advice on this vehicle, potential problems, or good upgrades that you know of, I would greatly appreciate any tips.

I bought this ride to be a project car for day to day and some weekend warrior runs. I have a list of "to do's" on this ride:

1. electric 4x4 switch. any advice on the switch or is there an after market switch?

2. paint: It is an old 'OJ' white and the paint is in bad shape. I would like it to be bright red with black. I've seen two red Broncos, but I have my concerns about the top being painted. Any advice on the preparation for it to be painted, or should i just leave the rear top alone? Link me to any pictures you have!

3. new front seats . the seats are shot, at the very least want a decent driver side seat, any recommendations? For the passenger and rear seats I think I'm going to get them redone, maybe a new passenger seat depending on the price.

4. Roll cage/bar. There are some great cages and bars for the older broncos, but my research hasn't came up with a thing other than custom jobs done by some excellent welders.

5. Interior: this interior is wore out. The previous owner took excellent care of the running of this vehicle, but was lacking in the cosmetic care. Send me pictures of either after market kits or any custom jobs so I can get an idea of what works best. I was looking at some after market vinyl kits that look pretty good, anyone have a recommendation?

6. Sound system: It does have a great sound system, but it has a big bulky speaker box that takes up a lot of room in the cargo area. Ideally i would like speakers on the roll bar/cage to get them up off the floor. Any one with a trick sound system? got pics and specs? please enlighten me!

7. Chips: I've researched some chips and they all kind of 'garentee' about the same "50-60 HP increase and/or aprox. 20 MPG" performance improvement. Any advice on a good one or one's that should be avoided?

8. Exhaust: I know of someone that does great work with custom exhaust. I think I'm pretty good there, but if anyone has some tips, I would appreciate you sharing.

9. Lift kits and tires: last thing on the list after all the cosmetics is some lift! nothing too crazy where I'll need some extra oxygen from the altitude, but i'm thinking about a 3-6 inch lift to the body to start. There's a lot of kits out there, anyone have a recommendation or advice on which to avoid?

I'm pretty excited about this Bronco and I'm looking forward to driving it around. I'd appreciate any advice at this time.

PreviousOwnerPicEBay.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23