Aod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremy69bronco

Reaction score
I want to put a AOD my 69 Bronco. Is there any website that gives detail installation instructions that i can read about, so i can decide if it is something i can do myself. I heard there was a lot of fabrication needed but i have no idea to what extent. any help would be much appreciated.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
Unless you stick to pavement, I wouldn't really recommend an AOD. If you're going to go that far, with the fabrication, why not find an EFI 302 or 351W donor, and swap in the engine/trans from that?

67halfcab

Reaction score
The AOD is as strong as a C4 with the added benefit of Overdrive.

Advance adapters makes the necessary adapter kit so the AOD will bolt up to your D20 and the nice thing about the adapter is that it bolts up to the stock cross member so there is No fabrication work needed. Drive shafts lengths may need to be changed and the hardest part about the swap is installing the new output shaft in the AOD but advance adapters has a pretty good instruction sheet for this.

Mine is sitting in my living room right now waiting for a warmer day in the garage so my fingers don't fall off during the install. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948