66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
Sign in to follow this  
Cucamongan

Aftermarket Limited Slip Diff for '04 Ford Expedition

My Moms 2004 Ford Expedition 2wd 5.4L has an open differential.

The 9.75" IRS (Independant Rear Suspension) is a new differential put in the expeditions and other SUV's with the 5.4L engine (the 4.6L has a solid axle 8.8" diff).

I would preffer to put a PowerTrax in, but they dont make any for this specific diff.

I also found out that Eaton Does make a Limited Slip, but not much more information...

Does any one recommend any other brand of limited slips for this differential?

Also, Does anyone recommends a differential shop to purchase an aftermarket differential from (preferably in So Cal)?

OR is this a job that only a certified Diff shop should tackle? (I've rebuilt an axle or 2)

Thanks for any response in advance!

Does your MOM, & other potential drivers understand the risk/dangers of a L.S. diff. .....??

Since my mother is not the one who usually needs the limited slip, but my dad and I do when we are pulling the boat out of the water and dont want to be another 1 Tire Fryer, Yes. Besides its nice to have a limited slip diff when traveling on dirt roads in northern idaho where my parents own property and visit family.

As a current owner of 2 broncos, both with limited slip differentials, I would say I have a little experience with them.

If you would be so kind to make a list of what dangers/risks there are with limited slip differentials, I would like to learn more about the dangers that im not aware about.

Thanks

(if this doesnt make sense, its 12:30 and I had a very long day at work...)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this