Rough Country Lifts?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulldog99

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 92 ford Bronco im looking to put on a 6in Suspension lift and i have been looking around for the best price....now most are in the $900 to $1200 range and then i found one for $479-$729 by Rough Country lift...now i havent heard anything about this brand i know about Superlift, Rancho, skyjacker, tough country,fabteck, etc.... but i have never heard of this one.....does anyone know a little about this brand "Rough Country" i would like to know if im finding a good deal or should i just wait save up so more and go with a better known lift please let me

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
You don't want Rough Country. Thei name says it all. If you have riden in a stiff, Superlift or Rancho Suspension rig you wouldn't like the Rough County, it gets worse.

trigger4x4

trigger4x4
Reaction score
I went with Skyjacker. I felt the same with the price not matching others and felt there would be a quality issue.

BroncoXLT85

Reaction score
It all depends on the kit contents. Some come with lift blocks, some come with lift springs and some come with add-a-leafs. The prices come from what you get. There is nothing wrong with a cheap kit if all you want is lift for off roading, but you will lose w/ on road performance and reliability. Also, as far as the front goes, some come with extended radius arms, some come with radius arm drop brackets and some come with nothing for the radius arms. Just a brief description: In the rear, blocks **** unless you get the good steel ones otherwise they can break while off-roading hard. Will affect ride quality. Add-a-leafs, noisy and unreliable, but they work. The best option is brand new leafs. Better ride on & off road, very reliable. In the front, Radius arms are what let your front suspension flex.(TTB) Drop brackets are ok, but for ultimate articulation, you'll want the new extended radius arms. If you lift your truck(suspension) 4'' or more you must have some provision for the radius arms or your flex will be absolutly horrable and what's the point of a lift with big tires and no flex. Now there are a lot more parts to lift (brake lines, drop pitman arm drop brackets, etc.) but those are the most important to me. Any other questions, just ask. Hope I helped a little.

Chris :)>-

Dudz40vt

Reaction score
I actually bought and had a 6" Rough Country lift put on my 90 bronco about a month ago and so far so good. I went with the new leaf springs and better shocks etc so the total came out to about 1000. Putting just blocks below my 16 year old leaf springs in the back would notttttt have been the best of ideas so getting the new leaf springs was nice. It does ride a little rough but I actually think its even a little smoother than what I had on it stock. I've had no problems with it, I like it seems to be pretty decent for the cost.

Hey guys i have a 92 ford Bronco im looking to put on a 6in Suspension lift and i have been looking around for the best price....now most are in the $900 to $1200 range and then i found one for $479-$729 by Rough Country lift...now i havent heard anything about this brand i know about Superlift, Rancho, skyjacker, tough country,fabteck, etc.... but i have never heard of this one.....does anyone know a little about this brand "Rough Country" i would like to know if im finding a good deal or should i just wait save up so more and go with a better known lift please let me

blackbetty92

Reaction score
I have a 6'' rough country lift on my 92xlt and im very happy with it. I had a 6'' superlift on my 90' and it was not as solid as the rough country in terms of the brackets and hardware. And no it dosent ride rough at all compared to the other kits. the reason all the other kits are selling for so much is most come with the extended radius arms. I for one have completly cycled through my suspension travel and am very happy with the rough contry kit even just running drop brackets im running just the drop brackets in the front and the kit came with a 4'' add a leaf and a 2'' block for the rear. This set up has worked pretty well the only changes i made were attaching the front radius arm brackets with slighty larger bolts because the bolts supplied with the kit were slighty to small for the holes and caused a poping noise when turning and i also used center pins from a 94'' f-250 from the ford dealer for the rear leaf packs as the new pins from rough contry were broken in about a week. The only things i bought that were not included in the kit were extended brake lines that i got from skyjacker and i replaced the radius arm bushings with new daystar poly bushings ( dont use the ford factory replacements as they are junk, trust me i work at a ford dealer and have never had good luck with them as they have been revised with a new part number and are thinner than the originals. Good Luck

SDBronc

Reaction score
I've been contemplating the same thing. Seems like 3 to 1 that Rough Country is a decent brand.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane