lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micah_86

Reaction score
ok here is a lift kit is this all i will need for my 86 ford bronco 4x4?

6inch_lift.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

EB Bronco

Reaction score
I've got the Rough Country 4" lift and I didn't need extended brake lines at all. You'll want the extended lines if you go with the 6" kit.

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

Micah_86

Reaction score
Thanks a lot how does ur bronco run with the roughcountry lift? any smoother? how does it look? GOOD? umm i think this summer i will buy 35's maybe 38's any good ideas i have pirelli all terrain 33's 16rims i think... for right now. Any good tires for the everyday teenager lol?

OP
OP
M

Micah_86

Reaction score
How does urs look and run smooth? u got the 4" AWESOME! well lemme know what kind of tires i should get if u know.

Picture_001.jpg

OP
OP
M

Micah_86

Reaction score
what do you think i should run with a 4 inch lift and what about a 6 inch please help me with this money is tight and i dont want to mess up. thanks.

Picture_001.jpg

the_other_lift_i_want.jpg

6inch_lift.jpg

EB Bronco

Reaction score
If you go with 6" lift you have the added expense of extended brakes lines that you don't need for only a 4" lift. I bought my RoughCountry lift from TopGunCustomz on ebay. Got everything including the shocks with boots for about $500. The only thing I don't like about the lift is they only use a 3" block in the back with 4" coils up front. Because of leaf sag my rear is slightly lower than the front. I'm putting on a Sky Manufacturing shackle flip this weekend to correct that problem. I haven't bought new rims yet. I'm running my Bronco with the stock rims and 32x11.5x15 Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers. I had them siped when I bought them and I couldn't ask for a better tire. They are wearing great. Here are a couple pics of the Bronco so you can gauge what a 4" lift looks like with only 32s under it.

gallery_1537_94_1097090371.jpg

gallery_1537_124_1103133347.jpg

gallery_1537_124_1103132504.jpg

cjbronco

Reaction score
IM thinking about putting a 6" lift on my rig. I have 33's and 3.73's on a 3" lift now but i want to go bigger with a 6" lift. I have the extended brake lines on there now, but wil i have to get my driveshaft lengthened? Other than the drop pitman arm is there anything else? I am going with a **** cepek stage II lift kit. Heard nothing but great thinga bout them and they are fairly priced.

EB Bronco

Reaction score
If you go to the Superlift website and look up the individual part numbers for their lifts you'll notice that the 4" and 6" lifts use the same drop pitman arm, the same radius arm drop brackets, and same shocks. With my 4" lift to go to 6 all I have to do is either buy 6" coils for the front or put a 2" spacer in, but I don't trust spacers all that much so I'd put new coils. I'm putting the shackle reversal hanger in the back this weekend to get rid of the blocks that came on my lift. They are supposed to create 4.5" of lift. Everything I've read says you don't need to lengthen the driveshaft up to a 6" lift. When Superlift TV did a build up on a 199? Bronco they did not put a lengthened driveshaft in with the 6" lift.

Roger

cjbronco

Reaction score
now with that shackle flip, does that come with everythingn you need. Just the hardware orwill you need to replace the leaf springs? I saw that from sky man. and Im not all that aware of how that works. I mean for the $120 its noit bacd if I know I would get and even lift when i installed it.

EB Bronco

Reaction score
Here is a installation thread of installing the Sky Mfg. reverse shackle hangers. Pretty straight forward and gets rid of the blocks on your traditional lift kit without the expense of new leafs. I flex my Bronco a lot where I wheel and I know I'm going to spit a block one of these days so I'm switching before I cause any damage. The ride is supposed to be pretty good with this system.

Roger

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread...ht=shackle+flip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coueshunter