66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
Sign in to follow this  
orogopher

Durac spark 3 swapout to duraspark 2

Because of what I've learned from you guys here...I have an 83 full-size....and learned of the unreliability of the Dura spark 3 and the problems associated with the EEC...along with it....

What degree of difficulty or particular nuisances should I be aware of when removing the EEC computer.... And those connections....will there be a need of rerouting any of the wires that are in the plug connector that used to go to the EEC SYSTEM.....I have no problem installing the rest of the components....or how to test ..install or adjust.....thank you

What problems are you having?  The EEC system was designed to meet the California requirements and I believe it is illegal to remove it from a road vehicle in that state.

:)>-

So...basicly what your saying is that....legally... And smog certification wise...I won't be able to switch out to the Dura spark 2 ignition system...or just not remove the EEC sys....the Dura spark 2 does not use the EEC....my Bronco life is beginning to suck

The Duraspark III is part of the EEC system.  Are you having any problems with it?  That whole system was designed to meet California emission control laws and was installed in trucks that were destined for sale in California.

:)>-

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this