Compatability Question:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wliebhard

Reaction score
I'm getting the itch to start a new project. Time for research. Does any one know if a shortened '96 F-350 SD frame will fit under a '91-96 Bronco? Really how compatable is it? I'm mosly concerned about frame width and body mounts, ect..

Here's my idea: My '85 XLT with the 12v cummins works great. LOVE IT! But now I want to refine the initial project. I want to get a 91-96 Eddi Bauer in great shape; remove the whole frame and running gear, then get a '95-96 F-350 Super Duty 4x4 frame, axles, tranny and t-case. THEN get a new common rail cummins 600 ft/lb motor, inter cooler, and computer; bolt it together, and: a 1 ton solid axle 320 hp/600lb/ft torque bronco.

Comments, ideas, suggestions: I.E. is one year bronco better than another because of some feature....

PS I have just taken my psych test for my job and passed, so I cant use insanity as an excuse. :-"

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Its doable but lots of work. You will have to make custom body mounts off the frame to fit the Bronco body. The frame might need to be cut in the rear or even slightly in the front to fit correctly. The rest is just getting stuff hooked up. I don't think the F350 spedo cable will work with the Bronco gauge. But I think you could fab something up or not use one at all.

I was thinking of putting a 66-77 Bronco on my 96 F350 and add coil overs with a four link suspension front and rear. So far the wife won't let me touch yet. >:)

It sure would be a fun rig though...

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
not worth the effort. if you really want a stronger frame, lift off the body and box in all of the rails. also add some crossing ladder bars. that will add a ton of tortional rigitity. your truck will ride more like a dumptruck if it doesnt already now. if you were to swap frames, none of the things on the HD frame would be compatible with the bronco. the wheelbase is so much shorter on the bronco than any of the other pickups. this means you would have to shorten the frame and re weld it back together. if you are doing this, you might as well box the entire frame. and if you mess up the measurements when cutting the frame, you could end up going sideways down the road.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane