cowl induction hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legal out law

Reaction score
whats up legal out law here so i just bought a new bronco hope to have pics up soon but i have big plans for it its 96 or 97 cant remember right now sorry but i want to start by getting like a 5 - 9 in cowl induction hood have no idea where to look tho i can only find little two inch ones i live in mo so id rather not pay for shipping and handling but will if i have too well let me know thanks

OP
OP
L

legal out law

Reaction score
yea im looking for the hole hood tho for broncos they mostly carry two inch for whatever reason

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo legal out law,

Wasup?

Scoop Info; "...you can find a good used hood in a junkyard (if your's is messed up) for cheap and mount a scoop to it. The factory hood takes well to cutting a hole in it, as long as you leave the rear brace alone. You can find a cheap cowl scoop at JCWhitney, or do a Google search, there's tons of companies with fiberglass models from mild to wild..."

Source: by our pal here, justshootme84 (Randy Z, Casual Mudder)

&

his Shaker type Scoop Installation in an 84

at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/1133/7822

-----

Cervini Cowl Induction pics in a 96

Source: by GKR (Greg R) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/12207/62812

one pic for example:

dscn3507.jpg

===

Scoop & Hood Sources;

SCOOPS

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1993_1996_bronco/exterior/hoods/scoops/

Harwood Cowl Scoop - 4" x 38.5" Z-28, 24" Wide (May Trim To Fit For Proper Length)

$167.40 /Each

see more at Andy's site such as:

3.5" x 54" Z-28, 28" Wide (May Trim To Fit For Proper Length) $182.52

Cervini's Auto Designs® - Bronco/Ford truck, Mustang, etc., air dams, roll pans, chin spoilers, body kits, etc

- 4" x 53.5" Z-28, 31" Wide (May Trim To Fit For Proper Length) $193.32

they go as high as 8"

AutoFab - Bronco/Ford truck/Ranger fiberglass fenders (& "Ashley style"), hoods, quarter panels, tailgate for 92-96; engine mounts for 80-96; 9" skid plates; 9" skid plate; pre-runner bumpers (92-96 Bronco/F150 w/skid plate; 89-91 w/out); Mastercraft racing seats; 80-96 Bronco/F150 4" front lifts for 16" wheel travel; Bronco/F150 rear lifts for 16" & 18" wheel travel

Fiberwerx - 80-96 Bronco/Ford truck fiberglass fenders, hoods, quarter panels; one piece fiberglass front end for 80-96 Bronco, 92-96 off road & OEM style fiberglass & carbon fiber dashes with built-in center console & extra long console extension

Cervini's Auto Designs® - Bronco/Ford truck, Mustang, etc. & other makes' hoods, air dams, roll pans, chin spoilers, body kits, etc.They have 2 FIBERGLASS types; both over $630.00

Cowl Induction w/3" Lift & 25.25 W

& Ram Air type 2.5" Lift

Keystone™ Restyling - hoods, air dams, roll pans, etc.

McNeil Racing, Inc. & Perrys Fab n Fiber - 73-96 Bronco/Ford truck fiberglass fenders, hoods, quarter panels; one piece fiberglass front end for 80-96 Bronco, 73-79 Bronco Conversion to 96 Bronco, 92-96 off road & OEM style fiberglass & carbon fiber dashes with built-in center console (same as FiberwerX dashes)

RUNCOOL® (raceace.com) - hood & side louvers

TechHoods - Bronco/Ford truck fiberglass hoods & tilt front ends

Trailer Products Inc. (off-roadfiberglass.com - 87-88 Bronco/Ford truck fenders w/ 2" flair, 1/4 panels w/4" flair, & off-road versions, door skins & fiberglass hoods; 90-92 Ranger w/ 4" flair; 87-88 truck front & rear fenders w/2" flair

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Welcome,

Are you looking for a scoop for looks or function or both?

On a Bronc the cowl induction hood or scoops do not provide induction. They may allow additional under hood air exhaust if open. They do nothing for cooling the air the engine is sucking.

Just curious.

It's gonna be hard to find a hood with a 5" scoop retail. Anything over 3" is considered to be a possible imparement to driver vision, and most all companies don't want the lawyers after them when some yahoo hits something and says"I didn't see it".

You could buy a scoop and modify your hood as Miesk5 suggested. Most bigger scoops are intended for racing, and sold to be used as such. What you do with them is up to you.

Good luck

OP
OP
L

legal out law

Reaction score
thank you guys for all the input soon as i get a camera ill be posting pics of my bronco and the build as i go its going to be a off road recovery vehicle because my dad owns a tow business and there's times when he can not get to the vehicle so that will be my job pull them closer so he can reach i plan on putting a winch bumper on it a six inch lift or so with maybe 35s i believe there are 31s rights now that are brand new so gonna let them wear out before i buy new ones but im going to put undercover lights in it and a light bar on top then i plan on boosting the engine a little for extra power any ideas on that would be great too the back of the bronco will be equipped with a portable air compressor and other useful equipment my goal tho is to have a truck that is badass but still legal and yes we run red and blue even tho you are not supposed to we feel that our lives are just as important as an officers because people see yellow lights and often don't slow down they see red and blue and will

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar