66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
chris93

Hesitation under load

did you try the tests I suggested? if we can find out how far the power goes before it shorts then we can rule out the different components.

also try unplugging the connector at the fuel tank and reconnecting it in case it was the bad apple. might as well start with the easy stuff first.

Edited by Krafty

Okay so I tapped on the relay and the fuel pump kicked on and she started but ran rough then stalled. I can't seem to get my hand up to the plug for the fuel pump, there is fuel at the rail too but doesn't seem to be under much pressure.

do a wiggle test around the fuel pump relay and see if any particular wires make it work or not work. if you can't find it out that way, try getting a hold of a fuel pump relay from a scrap yard or a buddy with extra parts lieing around and see if it works any better.

There is nothing wrong with using Seafoam, it does help and after use, your engine will run smoother. There have been some reports of issues that *MAY* occur with it's use...

Rather than trying to explain these issues, The link below talks about most all of them.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/showthread.php?t=7500&highlight=Seafoam

I still plan to use Seafoam in my Expedition.

yo, Since this is a 93, correct?

Try swapping da HORN Relay w/Fuel Pump Relay

Press Horn button... if it gives ya the temper tantrums... ya got it!

Then try starting & running.

... if same, then plug Horn Relay into PCM relay, try again

engine-compartment-fuse-panel.jpg

Power Distribution Box Diagram in a 93

Source: by Troll Banned (Bronco Rob, BroncoRob) at SuperMotors.net

Just a heads up. I have a 93 also, there was no plug on my fuel pump. (its the old style, hardwired in) Maybe this is why you cant feel the connector. Good luck

TPS sensor failure will also cause popping thru the intake, and backfiring. The TPS is a variable resistor, ya really dont want any kind of liquid in it. Maybe some electrical contact cleaner would help, but i dont think they are a serviceable part. We still dont know if you have fuel pressure. Let us know how your coming along with this.

Very little to no pressure at the rail. She won't start at all now and the fuel pump doesn't kick on when you turn the key. I haven't been able to work on it since yesterday morning due to work, but will swap the relays and test for power to the pump. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks everybody for all the help so far.

yo,

ok, EZiest thAng to do now in this weather is to make sure the Horn works.

Pull relay and swap into FP relay slot...

next would be to place it in PCMs slot...

Was a Wiring Diagram [osted yet?

If not, see this for a 95 (see #4) Source: by ... Guess Who? Yep!..my pal, Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

For da FUEL PUMP/Sender Connector; "...The larger surface-mounted connector (WPT454) was used until '93; in '94, it switched to the smaller round inline connector. (Pump side: WPT330/WPT335; Truck side: WPT111/WPT807/WPT81..."

Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

fuelpumpconnectors.jpg

For instructions on how to cut out a cargo area floor pan section for fuel pump/sender access, see this by my pal, Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums; get a patch cover from local yard...

GL!

I'm in the process of replacing my fuel pump also, get the right tool for the gas line connectors, before you attempt to remove them. This tool is also used for replacing the fuel filter, i would suggest you change that also. Have fun!

Yeah the diagram is posted thanks. If it is my pump (probably, its the original one) I sure hate to cut into my floor, but probably beats the heck out of dropping the tank, which lucky me is full...

My tank was full also, with 11 year old fuel. I decided to drop my tank, to clean it out. Good thing i did cuz it was a leaker! Fuel gushing from the seams. But i am going to cut out the floor panel access while the tank is out.

Yeah the diagram is posted thanks. If it is my pump (probably, its the original one) I sure hate to cut into my floor, but probably beats the heck out of dropping the tank, which lucky me is full...

I did this with my Beast and my tank was also full. I used a tube and siphoned the fuel into a bunch of 5 gallon cans. After that I used hand tools to drop the tank. I suggest using something like PB Blaster or something like that, I know some people say to use other stuff but I can't remember what it is off hand.

I suggest using hand tools because there is less of a chance of breaking anything.

It took me a weekend to do this but I did it in the summer and in my driveway with no ramps or lifts...

There was a lot of scale and rust in my tank, ya might want to drop it to clean it out.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.