New To Broncozone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clifford

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just found this great web site and plan to be spending alot of time here. I have had my bronco for about 3 years now, and I love everything about it. However, I wish to learn everything I can about it. Currently, I just replaced my gears down to 4.10 (rear) 4.09 (front), and put in a detroit true trac in the rear. However, I still have some overheating issues. My truck constantly runs on the "L" on the word "NORMAL" , which I know can't be good. I have already replaced the thermostat, and flushed the radiator. Next step is to replaced the radiator, unless anyone has some advice. Anyways, just wanted to say hi to everyone. Late.

pic04.jpg

brian_n_texas

Reaction score
Good lookin' Bronco!!! Welcome to the b-zone.

Sounds like you might want to replace your water pump, you can check it by starting the engine when it's cold with the radiator cap off, let it run for a while to allow the thermostat time to open, 10-15 minutes, when the thermostat opens (the engine has warmed up) you should be able to see the radiator fluid go from still to flowing briskly.

This is what I would do to check the water pump flow, I'm not sure how to check if your radiator is plugged.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome to BroncoZone!!!

The water pump and/or fan clutch is what I would check out. too.

Windchaser

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone. I agree, fan clutch or water pump, but also, just a quick check here, but you are not putting in that dexcool crap right? It's the red antifreeze. That is for GM only. Also, have you checked to make sure all of your hoses are good? Good Luck and sweet rig! :D/

OP
OP
C

Clifford

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. After taking all of your advice, I found that my fan clutch is the problem. Thank you, and I hope to be up and running by next weekend!! I can't thank you enough.

OP
OP
C

Clifford

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Windchaser: I did make sure I have right anitfreeze and hoses are looking good. thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar