Transmission Won't Let it Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronco93

Reaction score
I have a 1993 Bronco with the 5.8 and the E40D. Lately I have had some problems with it not wanting to start when the shifter is in park. When I move it to neutral it will start. Does anybody know if that is some sensor or linkage type of problem?

Thank you.

jacks wasted life

Reaction score
Prior to 1995 the broncos had problems with the neutral saftey switches and they actualy updated the part its not to hard to do the only pain is changing the conector to the updated style. I would start there because it seems like thats what you have going on. The body may have saged throwing off the linkage but thats not as common as the switch going bad. I hope this helps you and Keep on Truckin

95 buckin bronco

Reaction score
there is a sensor on ur shift linkage the way it works is it knows what gear ur in then it sends signals to ur trans tellin it what to do. it has a roller on it sometimes they wear out sometimes there installed incorrectly either way if that roller is not in the exact spot it needs to be in the sensor will not let the truck start in park. so i would check that bad boy out it has marks on it showin u nuetral. PUT THE TRUCK IN NUETRAL BEFORE U TAKE IT OFF. i made the mistake of not doin that and it was a pain in the ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar