Valve Cover Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoman12

Reaction score
Hey all:

I am lookin to pick up a 91 EB w/ a 351 or about 800 bucks, but it needs a new U joint as well as valve cover gaskets. How difficult and costly are each of those jobs?

Secondly, unrelated, is blowby detrimental to the engine? Thanks. Appreciate your help.

Bronc76

Reaction score
the difficulty of the valve cover gaskets is not that hard, just remove everything around them before taking the covers off and keep track of what youre doing. when installing new gaskets, make sure the surface is clean. I purchased a gasket scraper from the local part store, works great. as far as the driveshaft, i just took it to someone thats done before to make sure it was done right. hopes this helps a little.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Valve covers are easy as Bronc76 said...

"U" joints are also easy unless you need to replace the ones in the TTB.

Unbolt the drive shaft at the "U" joint pull one of the caps then unbolt the joint and replace... They may be "pressed" in but that still isn't that hard to replace.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar