dana 60 and 70

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AF ROMAD

Reaction score
looking for a little help. i found a set of dana 60 front and 70 rear axles out of a 92 ford f-250 and was wondering if anyone knew if they would fit on my 1982 bronco. just dont want to buy them and they dont work. thanks for any help

MUZZALL

Reaction score
Not many 92 F-250 had those axles stock, most had D-44 or D-50 TTB in the front and Sterling in the back.

OP
OP
A

AF ROMAD

Reaction score
ya not sure, i havent seen them yet. it is a ad i found on craigslist, they are about three hours away so i wanted to make sure they would work before i drive all the way up there

"I have a dana 60 front and dana 70 rear out of 1992 f-250 3.56 gears complete perfect set"

this is the ad

Yardape

Reaction score
If its a Dana 60 then it should be an f350. the rear should be a sterling 10.25 very common that poeple think they have a dana 60 or 70 in the rear when it is in fact a sterling

Yardape

Reaction score
To answer your question, yes they will fit, but with some fabrication. The rear will require driveshaft work to fit and the front will require some thought, you will have to decide whether you want coil springs or leaf springs. The axle will come with a leaf spring setup from the factory making the leaf springs the easiest swap. If you can fabricate

OP
OP
A

AF ROMAD

Reaction score
well he only wants a grand for both of them so i will grab them and see what i can do. if not im sure i could re-sell them

OP
OP
A

AF ROMAD

Reaction score
one more question, if i do go look at them what is the best way to tell what they are? sorry kinda new to all this

Yardape

Reaction score
It really doesnt matter what they are. if its a straight axle for the front with 8 stud wheel pattern then its a d60, for the rear the d70 is a very rare if not ever option. But you can pretty much count on it being a 10.25.

OP
OP
A

AF ROMAD

Reaction score
so either way they will be better for mudding and rock crawling than the stock ones... thanks much for the fast replies

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Look on the axles and you should find the "BOM" or Bill Of Materials number stamped on them which is pretty much the number that tells you what the axle is & what it was originally equipped on. Once you have that number ck it against the many other BOM's listed in the Dana 60 & 70 manuals I'm attaching and that will tell you what it came out of, what the gear ratio was & what type of differential it had.

D60_manual.pdf

D70_manual.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar