302 cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
Looking for a new cam shaft, mine is too big the last guy put it in, running a 302 with 670 truck avenger and headers and edelbrock intake. I need more low end tork. Plus better idle at slow speeds, and less lobey noise, can I pull the shaft through the grill or am I looking at a motor pull , I will cut the grill too get it out and a new one back in....Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

broncoholic1

Reaction score
Looking for a new cam shaft, mine is too big the last guy put it in, running a 302 with 670 truck avenger and headers and edelbrock intake. I need more low end tork. Plus better idle at slow speeds, and less lobey noise, can I pull the shaft through the grill or am I looking at a motor pull , I will cut the grill too get it out and a new one back in....Thanks

Put a b cam in it pull the grill around a 428 lift 288 dur should be good

Bronc76

Reaction score
you can pull the cam out without pulling motor, it would be cheaper to pull grille assembly off than to buy a new grille. are you planning on changing carburetor?

OP
OP
bigbluebronc

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
you can pull the cam out without pulling motor, it would be cheaper to pull grille assembly off than to buy a new grille. are you planning on changing carburetor?
Good call , Looking too go efi with the cam swap, currrent setup works but found trails that stall the truck avenger! Current grill is seems plastic molded too fenders but grinder and new spray paint says cut and rebolt... Thanks but what CAM specs, and what cheap efi junk yard parts?

BBB

Bronc76

Reaction score
as far as cam specs in my opinion there are three, 260H, XE250H, XE256H (i think the last two have very strong torque), they all have good idle. check out the specs at compcams.com. do you know what size cam you have now? what efi parts have you gotten now? you may want to think about finding a late 80's - 95 donor truck/bronco to make conversion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat