Ideas for Grill lights for a 1989 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimgad

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has found any good grill lights that easily fit in a 1989 ford bronco stock grill? I have been looking online and only find ones that are for newer broncos or "universal" that are too small for the grill openings.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Jim,
For now
KC lighting Bumper Installation in a 95
Source: by Ian L (stangmata, stangmata50l, Bronco) @ https://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/4089/19123-2

It was done this way due to grille spacing.

Also see Fog Lights Mounted
by Brad Woods @ https://www.supermotors.net/registry/15601/60811-2
1699368419310.png

Absent Member Kalashnikov wrote "ipipiI've been putting off lights for a while now on my 89 crew cab. Ideally I'd like LED since they are smaller and draw less current and are more durable but they are a bit expensive.

My plans are to mount 2 in the grille and 2 on a rack behind the cab. Maybe 4; 2 facing forward and 2 rear. I would like them hooked up to a strobe controller but idk if there are even any controllers to buy for regular LEDs? I do a lot of night wheeling, general use, and work outside all the time so I use the truck for light.

I don't really like the look of big 6" round lights everywhere which is why I don't really want to go with HIDs. Plus they are just asking to be broken off by a branch or some other debris.

I've hear Trail Worthy Fab lights are good and seem to be cheaper priced than others.

Bigredkacy is apparently a vendor here but they are slightly more and I haven't heard of them before.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207277&highlight=led+light+bar

Rigid is a little too expensive."

BANNED Member Steve 83 wrote; "
Search eBay for "slim led work". The ones I paid ~$90/pr for last year are now selling for $20~60/pr, and improved versions (more LEDs in the same housing) are available.

You don't need a controller for LEDs; a few simple switches will do, or a relay for large arrays.

When you choose mounting points, think about areas you can actually SEE from the driver's seat, and what things you DON'T want illuminated (like the hood & roof). Ideally, I wanted mine on the drip rails above the doors pointing out & down, but that was impractical for the trails I like to run. Under the door mirrors was the next-best.

HID headlights will work for everything directly in front, as long as you get the proper DOT-approved projector housings to fit your stock grille, and use low color temperature bulbs (~4500K). Mine totalled up around $200/pr with bulbs & ballasts, but they're much larger & more complex than what you need.

For actual work lights to be used when you're outside the truck, you'd probably be better-served by 2 or 3 mobile magnetic &/or spring-clamp mounts with wires to reach the trailer plug, cigar lighter socket, battery posts, or dedicated plugs on the truck body. There's no need to pay for lights you're not using, or to mount them on the wrong side of the truck, so I'd set them up to be placed where needed. Also consider how stealable they are, and don't make your truck a target."

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has found any good grill lights that easily fit in a 1989 ford bronco stock grill? I have been looking online and only find ones that are for newer broncos or "universal" that re too small for the grill openings.
What kind of lights are you wanting---auxilary driving lights or clearance lights?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane