looking for some new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MUDBUG

Reaction score
i am loking to buy some new tires for my 1984, just wondering what yall run, and any good or bad things about them.

thanks

stusainte

Reaction score
Hey Mudbug First thing you need to figure what your going to be using your Bronco for daily driver w/some offroading ,mostly offroad ,Ect. I have bfgs 35x12.5x15 all terrains they are a great alluse tire in my oppinion Ive used mudd terrains but loud on the street and not that good on slick snowy roads since I live in New England and found a good lug but not to agressive is what I need but still good offroad Good Luck

OP
OP
M

MUDBUG

Reaction score
Hey Mudbug First thing you need to figure what your going to be using your Bronco for daily driver w/some offroading ,mostly offroad ,Ect. I have bfgs 35x12.5x15 all terrains they are a great alluse tire in my oppinion Ive used mudd terrains but loud on the street and not that good on slick snowy roads since I live in New England and found a good lug but not to agressive is what I need but still good offroad Good Luck
thanks, yes it is a daily driver w/ some off roading, i was told to look at toyo tires, any experience?

shift1313

Reaction score
i really like bfg all terrains. Ive also run bfg long trails, some master craft mud terrains(kinda loud).

If you dont have a lift on and you are running stock rims i wouldnt go past 31x10.50s. if you have a rim with more offset(less technically I guess) you can run a 32x11.50 without any real issues. 33s start pushing clearance issue especially if you flex the thing off road.

Yoder

Reaction score
my favorite mud tire is the bfg mud terrains K/A for mud but the toyo open countries a/T are a good allaround tire they clean good in the mud and dont have to much rode noise .

bronco410w

Reaction score
im rockin the micky T's baja claws radial.... i love them! barly any noise at highway speeds and they handle great!

mine are 35-12.5-15

Bronc76

Reaction score
im rockin the micky T's baja claws radial.... i love them! barly any noise at highway speeds and they handle great!

mine are 35-12.5-15

love my 36" swampers and the highway noise that comes with (not an everyday driver, tryin to keep them for awhile)

BUBBAS 666

Reaction score
I love my **** Cepek Crusher's...

They whistle a little bit from 35 on up, but they hook great and look awesome!

Reaction score
I have Nitto Terra Grapplers on my daily driver and love them. This is my second set, I got new wheels and tires or else I would still be on my first. My old set had 35000 hard miles and I could have probably gotten 50-55 out of them, they are too big to fit with the backspace of my new wheels.

black beauty

Reaction score
after two years and 12,000 miles im still running my tires (see sig.) pretty good all around tire for the money and they still have 2/3 of the tread left on them and all highway miles

MajorBytes

Reaction score
I just got a set of 31X10.50 15 General Tire Grabber AT2's on my 84. I like them so far. I do mostly daily driver and trails on the weekend. Nice and quite on the highway and a good tread pattern...

P1030164.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Santafebronco

Reaction score
ive got bfg mt km2s on my 96 bronco and i think they might be the best tire ive ever owned

POTTER

Reaction score
I am running a set of BFG AT's on my stock rims...33x10.50x15....fit perfect, no clearance issues...they are a great all around tire and barely any road noise at all up to whatever speed... They are not GREAT in the snow though, I have slipped a bit and I have pretty decent tread...but overall I have been very happy with them.

hms79

Reaction score
MudBug,

What I would look for if I were you would be a set of tire which run well on pavement and light offroading. BF Goodrich makes some fine tires for this. Either the All Terrain, Rugged Trail (which I have on my 2004 F-150) or if you can find them, the Long Trail. The size? Well, if no lift, then I would run 31x10.50s, easier to find and cheaper. Just my thoghts.

OP
OP
M

MUDBUG

Reaction score
MudBug,
What I would look for if I were you would be a set of tire which run well on pavement and light offroading. BF Goodrich makes some fine tires for this. Either the All Terrain, Rugged Trail (which I have on my 2004 F-150) or if you can find them, the Long Trail. The size? Well, if no lift, then I would run 31x10.50s, easier to find and cheaper. Just my thoghts.
thanks, i think that i am going to go with the BFG MT T/A km2 in 35x12.5x15 which i will be running with a 6" sus lift from roughcountry. thanks guys

rubberdust

Reaction score
I've been running the 33X10.50R15 BFG AT on my 95 with stock wheels little more height with no clearance problems, no noise, this is my daily driver so it doesn't get off the pavement too often.

I put a set of the BFG KM2 on my 92 315/75R16 about a year & a half ago, replacing Bajas which were great but big money, so far been surprised how quiet they are on the street, although they get to spend most of the time in the desert playing hard real happy with no flats yet & I carry to spares to avoid a long walk while getting stupid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane