Shortys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stusainte

Reaction score
Have a question I just installed my Shortys today on my 95 302 and was wondering they have a threaded ****** on the pass side header is this for an o2 sensor or can this be pluged I have the sensor on my Y-pipe just before the first cat or what is its purpose Thanks Stu OH yea they are Ford motor sports Headers

Roadkill

Reaction score
Is this hole located in the collector area? If all of your original O2 sensors are still installed in stock locations you can probably just plug the hole. If it located further forward, it may be for the EGR valve. I can't remember if its the same location on your 302, but on a 351W the port for the EGR valve is located on the forward part of the passenger side manifold.

OP
OP
stusainte

stusainte

Reaction score
The hole is down near the collector just before u bolt to the y-Pipe and have the factory sensors still installed Im thinking of just pluging it And now I can do a real exaust because tthe new Mass inspection laws have changed and any thing 95 and older doed not have to do an emmisions inspection YEEEEEEHAAA !!! Just safty inspections Sorry have been whating to fimally rip thexaust apart Thanks Roadkill

OP
OP
stusainte

stusainte

Reaction score
AAAAHHHHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! Found that while trying to install my factory Y-Pipe to my Shortys the they don't match up my y pipe is like a foot to narrowand don't even come close to the headers when I bought them Ford motor sports said they were a direct fit I'm so P#$%#t has anyone run into this problem and how did you fix I know Jpeg hase y-pipes but how do find out for sure if I get one will it match to my headers and is there a diferance between Ford 302 headers and 302 Bronco headers ( And it was a fun time going to work at 3.30 this morning with open Headers LOL)

rogmit

Reaction score
I've got a 92 ford bronco with a 351, my headers bolt directly up to my exhaust, if you have a factory exhaust and the y-pipes are not lining up, you have the wrong headers. Ford Motorsports should have sold you headers for a bronco not for just ford 302's, Autozone sells headers called Flowtech which are made by Holley, a regular set would run you about $300, but if you would go with a ceramic coated set they would run you about $600. Good luck.

OP
OP
stusainte

stusainte

Reaction score
Ya I thought thats what thy did I bought them off Ebay and before buying them I asked the guy and he said they are for a Bronco 302 So now that the headers are in I decided to go with a after market Ypipe and get ride of the cats I know JPEgs has them for $209 plus shipping but if I can find one cheaper ill go that way Thanks for the Replys Stu

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar