Truck runs like crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
I posted before about how my truck would run at high rpms and slow speeds up hill, smell like its running rich and have no power. So far i have replaced the engine coolant temperature sensor, ignition control module, coil, catalytic converter, eec and fuel pump relays. I cleaned the egr, checked the spark plugs, checked the fuel pressure and the transmission. What else is there?

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
Jim,

Have you checked to make sure you're getting fire and fuel to each cylinder? When mine was running like ***** it was those damn injector wires. Check your spark plugs and wires.

Snowman74 :)>-

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
How would you check the injectors and injector wires? The truck is very sluggish and has a hard time getting up hilss.

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
I noticed today that one of my spark plugs had a crack in the porcelin and one of the wire boots broke. I think I'll replace the plugs and wires and see how it is from there.

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
It was alittle dirty, I'll replace it when I get the chance. Like the verse listed on your signature.

89Bronco58

Reaction score
id just do the basics first, mainly a tune up and fuel filter. if thats not it id start checking into the sensors on the throttle body, is the check engine light on? also check the whole ignition system

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
I fixed it today, the timing was way off.
Have you been playing with your distributor again Jim? Ha ha. I still say you ought to replace those sparklers and wires. A cracked plug is as good as useless.

Snowman

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar