What am I missing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wishmeluck

Reaction score
84' Bronco, decided (finally) to install new body bushings. I've got 8 out of the 10 loose and the hardware all seperated, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to remove the bolts for the radiator support bushings. I've taken the nut off, and the bolt will spin when I hit it with an impact driver, but it wont back out. Ive tried beating it with a hammer in hopes of driving it out, but that didnt work either. I dont see any of those little flared bushings in the diagram but its definately catching on something and refusing to come out...hence my question, what am I missing???

L\Bronco

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, the rad support bolts come out from the top and all the rest come out of the bottom, correct?
Check to see if the lower bushing/washer is turning with the bolt. Some of the metal bodies of the bushings were threaded.
I could be thinking of the newer ones though.
Hope that helps.
Cheers

OP
OP
W

Wishmeluck

Reaction score
Got it figured out. I ended up having to cut the upper rubber bushing out and use vise grips to grab the spacer thing with the built in nut so it wouldn't spin, and then unscrew the bolt.

Thanks for the help.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice work. I usually just start with the sawzall not finish there. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcarrillo