Water leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cocobum

Reaction score
There seems to be a leak somewhere in my bronco. The carpet in the passenger footwell is always moist/soaked to the touch when it rains. And every single time it rains (rains alot in south florida) i pull up the carpet and totally dry it out.

This practice is getting kind of old so i ordered new weather striping for the entire door. The old weather striping is only messed up near the bottom middle of the door. Normally i would suspect this as the problem, but the carpet closest to the door isn't even damp, the moisture is only near the center **** (Carpet towards the front isn't moist, i think it just settles in the footwell).

My father said somthing about the heating core being broken, but i have no clue what this means. I was going to give the car to a mechanic because this problem keeps stumping me, however i thought i would ask for help here first. Any and all help would be appreciated

Thanks Kyle

OP
OP
C

Cocobum

Reaction score
no, its definatly water (only have the problem when it rains)

I had someone else tell me that somthing up in the front of the bronco might me leaking... has this ever happend to anyone before?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Rain water could be coming in from the windshield glass seal up front or the hardtop seal at the rear of the cab. IF you have cracks behind the rain gutters above the doors, you can also get a leak. If you have trim around the inside roof or a headliner, you may never see where the water runs in. If you really want to find the leak, pull off the trim panels and start looknig while it's still wet. I found a small gap between the windshield and the cab near the passenger side, and put some clear silicone in there to stop the leak on my 84.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I think your dad may be right on the money. If you have A/C that would be exactly the position of the heater core, (kinda like a small radiator inside that big plastic **** in the fire wall on the passenger side). It could also be one of the hoses that are hooked to the core.

Good luck,

:)>-

Seabronc

Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is a leak in your window seal. Take the dash cap off and spray the window with water while watching for the leak. Also pull up the rug and look at the condition of the floor board.

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

mbtech2003

Reaction score
also check to make sure the firewall gasket is ok.(where it meets the back of the hood.) could be running down the fire wall and entering in a hole in it where the heater box is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat