The King Of Detailing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Those love bugs are crazyyy!! They are everywhere! Thanks for the tip to get them off.

For my b-day I got enough money to buy a bug deflector and 2 stainless KC's

CADster

Reaction score
All of these "telephone bugs" or "luv bugs" we have flying around here in South Texas now are making a mess!!! I found the best thing to safely remove them from paint, like on the front of the hood, is Orange Hand Cleaner or GoJo. It cuts grease and bugs. For the glass, I use an ammonia-based window cleaner a few times a day. The stuff from Gunk is about the cheapest. The bugs are very greasy, and my windshield gets splattered so bad I can't see. You cannot read my front license plate, it's solid bugs. I cannot drive my Bronco with the Shaker cause they fill up the intake scoop and clog the filter. :((
damn !!!!

and i thought they were bad in Florida :blink:

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Know anything that will help get them off? I'm getting a bug deflector tomorrow!! :D/

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Go to the carwash twice a day and blast them off!!! The bugshield will get plastered up like the rest of the front, and the radiator will get plugged up. I wash my windshield at lunchtime, and by 2:00PM I can't see again. They're also on the inside of the cab, and the spider webs are fillin' up!!! I'll have to take a pic tomorrow of how bad it is around here, for you folks outside of Matagroda County, Texas!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ktomek06

Reaction score
haha alright! I have been washing it every 2 days..seems like the only thing to do

S

Stephen Hawk

I've been lucky enough not to be in state durring that time of year for the last several years but I do remember the kind of havoc they used to do to my cooling system and a/c condenser when I lived in the sticks in Fort bend county. One thing I used to do that works pretty well to keep them out of the radiator is to zip tie a window screen behind the grille and just clean it once or twice a week; then when the bastards all die off in a month or 2 I just put the screen back on the house.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK