Parking Brake Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elayhu

Reaction score
Recently bought a '79 to rebuild for my son's first car. While rebuilding the rear brakes I discovered that the parking brake parts (see pic below)were missing from the rear left. I was wondering if anyone out there had done a disc brake conversion and happened to have these parts left over and if they would be willing to sell them. I checked with local junk yards and they only want to sell you the complete axle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P1080004.JPG

OP
OP
Elayhu

Elayhu

Reaction score
Check out www.broncograveyard.com I think they have complete brake rebuild kits, as well as various parts you may need.

I bought the spring kit and the rear spring cylinders but the don't include the parking brake parts I'm looking for...I haven't called them yet (duh) so I'll start there on Monday.

50joe

Reaction score
If not, you may want to check with a local parts distributor. If I'm not mistaken, Motormite's Help! section of parts makes those replacement levers and bars. (Or at least they did). May have to find a more experienced parts guy to track them down, but I'm sure they are still availible somewhere. Good Luck! (And for the record, I would have loved that for a first car. Mine was a Mustang2..LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Green Jr

Reaction score
i had this exact same problem, we have a 'you pull it' junkyard by my house and i was able to find the parts there. i looked for months online and in stores and no one even knew what i was asking for. good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat