Money pit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetiredAFSpouse

Reaction score
My husband put in a new steering column months ago in my 93 EB with a 302 and E40D tranny. Now getting check engine light off and on. Pulled one code, 626-coast clutch selonoid. I didn't have the issue until the steering column was changed. Coincidental? It will not starting sometimes in park. Won't start in neutral. If I put my left arm around steering wheel pull the shifter towards me, I can start it? Linkage needs adjusting??
Neutral safety switch is only a year old.

I also hear a vacuum leak now and can't find it. When I get it started, Idle goes to 2400 then settles to about 900 and stays. I back out my driveway start to go forward and I hear the whooshing sound. Then it goes away.
All original hoses replaced, vacuum ones too. All these parts are newer, EGR valve, Idle control valve, pcv valve, map, motor craft spark plugs, distrubtor cap/rotor, new throttle body gasket, new lower intake gasket and valve gaskets. My husband refuses to work on it anymore. So I have been working on it. I have a Chilton and Haynes. 1000011124.jpg

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like your shifter linkages does need adjusted. Not uncommon after a swap like that.

The vacuum leak could be so many different places. I usually spray starting fluid around the engine while it is running to help find it. I know a more common practice now is a smoke machine.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
When I went to swap out my dash from my 1993 with a 5.8 and E4OD there is a vacuum line connection just behind the gear designator on the column ..... it is a pain to remove and easily broken. Do you think that it might have been damaged during the replacement?

OP
OP
R

RetiredAFSpouse

Reaction score
With this pain in our rears, lol, I wouldn't put it pass anything! I am at the point to just take it somewhere for that then. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradgrim490