Intake Manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wdetzi

Old School
Reaction score
I have three questions that hopefully someone can help me with some answers.

First: It's a 1970 stock 302 newly rebuilt engine with an Autolite 2 barrel carb.

1. Can I remove the PVC valve hose to the carb spacer (blocking the spacer hole of course) or remove the PCV altogether?

2. Can I remove the hose from the oil fill cap to the air cleaner?

and finally:

3. Can I remove the carb to manifold spacer and place the carb right on the manifold for additonal clearance for a new air cleaner?

Thanks for you help.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I have three questions that hopefully someone can help me with some answers.First: It's a 1970 stock 302 newly rebuilt engine with an Autolite 2 barrel carb.
1. Can I remove the PVC valve hose to the carb spacer (blocking the spacer hole of course) or remove the PCV altogether?

Yes but I would reroute it to any large port at the bottom of the carb. That is at main vacuum level, so if you have a large port available on the vacuum tree, you could attach there. The ventilation system uses that connection to cause fresh air circulation through the oil pan to remove fumes.
2. Can I remove the hose from the oil fill cap to the air cleaner?

Yes, but add a vented cap with a internal filter
and finally:

3. Can I remove the carb to manifold spacer and place the carb right on the manifold for additional clearance for a new air cleaner?
Yes, but it may result in making your carb too hot and cause boiling of the fuel in the bowl. Use a thick gasket, stainless steel bolts, and a heat shield if you can find one to help keep the carb cooler by cutting down on heat transfer.
Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
wdetzi

wdetzi

Old School
Reaction score
Good luck,

:)>-

Thank you very much Fred, that was helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23