Hi I have a 1990 bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
My son ran one for years in the summer. When it rains it is not 100% water proof. It is noisier. Other than that they are kind of fun.

OP
OP
Bricknose

Bricknose

Reaction score
My son ran one for years in the summer. When it rains it is not 100% water proof. It is noisier. Other than that they are kind of fun.
Thanks I thought that it wasn’t 100 % waterproof I wasn’t to worry about that I am in California I park it outside but it’s always covered . I owned it for 10 years I just drive it on Sundays with the wife and our dog lola . The noise would not bother me I think I am going to do it . There is a couple brands out raptor and soft top

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
My son ran an old school kayline I think? it is heavy duty for sure. But all the mounting brackets and snaps are hidden under the hard top when we put it back on so that was a nice feature.

96XLT

Reaction score
Nice Bronco.

I had a Kayline (Softopper is similar) on my 84 XLT and loved it. I only had it on spring through fall as northern VA gets cold enough with snow that one winter was enough. I never had an issue with it not being waterproof - it never leaked in the rain/snow and it was better than my 2008 Jeep Wrangler at keeping the water out.

Pros:
Fun cruising with the top down or sides/rear windows rolled up.
Less weight.
AC/heat worked well for front seats open top, whole vehicle with top down.

Cons:
Noise - I had a loud stereo to compensate.
Security - I had no issues but I worried all the time.
Kayline had a lot of snaps and required drilling into the body metal but I think modern soft tops use the hard top mounting locations and have a few less snaps.
Can get cold/hot in back seat with top off or windows up.
Cost.

OP
OP
Bricknose

Bricknose

Reaction score
Nice Bronco.

I had a Kayline (Softopper is similar) on my 84 XLT and loved it. I only had it on spring through fall as northern VA gets cold enough with snow that one winter was enough. I never had an issue with it not being waterproof - it never leaked in the rain/snow and it was better than my 2008 Jeep Wrangler at keeping the water out.

Pros:
Fun cruising with the top down or sides/rear windows rolled up.
Less weight.
AC/heat worked well for front seats open top, whole vehicle with top down.

Cons:
Noise - I had a loud stereo to compensate.
Security - I had no issues but I worried all the time.
Kayline had a lot of snaps and required drilling into the body metal but I think modern soft tops use the hard top mounting locations and have a few less snaps.
Can get cold/hot in back seat with top off or windows up.
Cost.
Thanks for the reply one other question raptor makes one and soft top make one it’s 500 difference between the two tops is it worth that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MAGICIANSNEPHEW