Fuel pump relay kicking off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonLawson84

Reaction score
Other than the inertia switch, is there any other safety switches or pressure switches that cut power to the fuel pump relay? When I shut the truck off and try to start right up, the fuel pump relay will not kick on when ignition is on
1995 302

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Other than the inertia switch, is there any other safety switches or pressure switches that cut power to the fuel pump relay? When I shut the truck off and try to start right up, the fuel pump relay will not kick on when ignition is on
1995 302
Hey Don
no other safety switches other than inertia. The Pcm supplies ground to the fuel pump relay for 3 seconds on initial key on, then when it sees an ign signal (PIP). its power comes from the EEC power relay.
The EEC power relays go bad occasionally, plus, I've seen bad caps in the PCM cause the pump to not run sometimes. (Not exactly the same symptom as yours, but, you never know)
Does it start if you re-cycle the key?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgil