fuel filler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfette

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im new to the bronco world. I just purchased a 1971 bronco but it isnt completely together. I am trying to get the fuel tank filler neck installed, but not sure how it attaches at the top where it meets the rear quarter panel. There are no ***** holes in the quarter panel, but it looks like there should be. Can anyone tell me how it installs??? Thanks

OP
OP
smurfette

smurfette

Reaction score
Thanks soo much, didn't want to drillholes till I knew it was right....1 less thing to figure out....

OP
OP
smurfette

smurfette

Reaction score
OK, so I drilled the holes and attached the filler neck, but when I put the fuel cap on, it doesn't cover the screws...am I missing another part or is that how it works????

Bronc76

Reaction score
I have found out that some replacement caps are smaller than originals, that could be the reason.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
OK, so I drilled the holes and attached the filler neck, but when I put the fuel cap on, it doesn't cover the screws...am I missing another part or is that how it works????
"is that how it works????"

Yep.... mine is stock & fr. a couple feet away., you can see 1/2 of ea. *****.

You can use some pretty stainless screws or paint the ones you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
smurfette

smurfette

Reaction score
OK, I did find another cap that fits better, still can see the screws if you're close to it...painted the screws tonite, looks better.... Thanks for all the help, I'm sure there'll be many more questions as I go along with this project...

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
OK, I did find another cap that fits better, still can see the screws if you're close to it...painted the screws tonite, looks better.... Thanks for all the help, I'm sure there'll be many more questions as I go along with this project...
KEWL..!!

Do get your info. pages filled in so we'll know what we're dealing with., & correct help down the road.... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23