fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cole ford

Reaction score
I just bought a 73 sport from an old guy..302 auto ps 45000miles. I would like install flares but don't like the riveted look kind (bushwacker). Any idea what options I have..looking for small flares for the rear that somehow fasten another way. Appreciate your help.

TX '73

Reaction score
I just got some gorilla warflares from wildhorses. Still have the riveted look but you could use black screws or paint the flares. These look better than the bushwackers in my opinion and are practically indestructable.

S_bolt19

Reaction score
Unless you come up with your own type of flare, you are out of luck. All the dealers sell the "Bushwacker" style flare that use rivets to attach. Your only other alternatives is to #1 go with fiberglass fenders with the flares already molded into the fender or #2 have someone who is a good body man cut and weld custom flares on to it. Sorry, man, but that is all there is.

walkercreekbronco

Reaction score
Instead of using rivets or the black screws that come with the flares, I used #10-32 stainless steel button head cap screws with stainless steel flatwashers. Instead of trying to hide the rivets, the contrast looks pretty sharp.

OP
OP
C

cole ford

Reaction score
Instead of using rivets or the black screws that come with the flares, I used #10-32 stainless steel button head cap screws with stainless steel flatwashers. Instead of trying to hide the rivets, the contrast looks pretty sharp.
Might have to leave it stock....looking at some pictures and can't see rivets in some..must be ordered fibre glass panels or some how filled...thanks for the info

TX '73

Reaction score
Hey, can you post a pic of that? I haven't mounted mine yet, just wondering what it looks like. Thanks!

MBell70

Reaction score
If you don't like the fasteners, you can use 3-M molding adhesive. The Bushwackers do not come with the holes drilled in them. You will not need to use the welting that is provided. Most newer cars are using the adhesive for emblems and moldings. Just make sure to clean the painted surface and flares with isopropal alcohol, then apply the adhesive.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
I just bought a 73 sport from an old guy..302 auto ps 45000miles. I would like install flares but don't like the riveted look kind (bushwacker). Any idea what options I have..looking for small flares for the rear that somehow fasten another way. Appreciate your help.
jcwhitly sp generics for me with washers and sheet metal screws on the inside of flare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat