Exhaust Routing And Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggnat79

Reaction score
The guy I bought my bronco from ran the exhaust over the rear axle to the rear end, so anytime I drive with the top off or the rear window down I get the sweet smell of exhaust. I want to install new pipes that exit in front of the rear tires to avoid the extra bends to get over the axle and the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. It looks like the easiest way is to have both pipes exit on the passenger side. Will the heat from the pipes cause uneven wear on the rear tires? Im also looking to install a set of headers. Any inputs on brand, type and whether or not they are really worth the money? 1990 302

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
It looks like the easiest way is to have both pipes exit on the passenger side.  Will the heat from the pipes cause uneven wear on the rear tires?
That's about the strangest question I've ever heard. To answer it, no, there won't be any problem. The smell you're dealing with, is the nature of the beast. No matter where you route it, how you route it, or where you route it too, there's always going to be that smell, with the top on and the windows rolled down - especially so if just the rear window is down. You really shouldn't have a problem with the top off, however, unless you've got an exhaust leak under the floor somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:

azrockrat

Reaction score
I want to install new pipes that exit in front of the rear tires
you answered your own question right there.. and as dave said it si the nature of the beast with the broncos with the top off or windows down

Gunner

Reaction score
NITRO!!!!!!!!!! THIS ISNT HONDA WORLD. WE DONT USE NO FREEKIN NITRO. GO AWAY WITH THAT CA-CA. naw i am just playing but honestly my favorite smell in the whole world is the smell of spent ammo. god it doesnt get any better then that.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula