Exhaust And Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Guess I'm just hard-headed, but I think you're on to something there, Gunner!!! Here's a pic of my current set-up: Everything is routed on the passenger side.

?id=80240&toggle=fullsize&filename=NP208F2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CADster

Reaction score
my set up is like this ...

except i have true duels, no cats, duel mufflers, and H-pipe.

i used flowtech shorty headers (with ball hook-ups... the ****** hook-ups always leak), 2-1/2 pipe routed stock untill you hit the first gas tank (removed on my truck) i have two mufflers (no flows, glass, ets.) turned up (tall, not wide). my pipes then widen to 2-3/4 and turn away from each other where the spare tires would sit (also removed). pipes dump right behind rear wheels on each side of truck.

i would be afraid to run freaks set up. i can see them crushing, or tearing them off within a month (of course my truck is not as high as his :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

question - why do so you remove the Xfer case shield ???

Ice Man 860

Reaction score
bassani makes a new cat w/ a metal substrate that performs just like open exhaust. i saw em in a tech article in 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords (June 2004). very small and the dyno numbers were very impressive on a 600 hp 97 cobra. you should check em out. i dont know if they can be purchaced seperatly but its worth checking if your in the market for a set of cats and dont have alot of space

OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
CADster, that sounds closer to how my Chevy is set up with true duals, jsut straight into glasspacks. You seem to have much more room under a pick-up than the Bronco. You can see from my photo that the front driveshaft interferes with any exhaust for the left/driver's side. I think that's why some guys route both pipes over on the passenger side. I really can't see running the pipes under the transfer case like Freak has done, because I do alot of offroading in my Bronco. I agree that the pipes can be damaged, but perhaps a skidplate under them would help?

I temporarily removed the t-case skid plate to clean things up underneath. As you can see, I had alot of mud and grime everywhere!!! I also noticed a hole in my t-case and got scared. After cleaning it up, it was just mud daubbers had filled the little gaps on the back side of the case from where the front shaft is. That's why the t-case is so shiny and clean!!!

A smaller-bodied cat would help out, too. Thanks!

Gunner

Reaction score
thats why i have the 3'' body lift so i can run the pipes over the t case. and the t case skid plate protects it all. and the rubberized under coat protects me on the inside from the heat.

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
Sucks for you to have inspections. SC ditched inspections 8 years ago. no emissions equipment what so ever on mine. all gone including the cat when i got a new carb. none of it worked any way.

mcfly69505

Reaction score
I have a high flow cat, which then goes to single 3" pipe on the passenger side, then to a flowmaster 40 series muffler and out of that come 2.5" dual exhuast out to 3.5" magnaflow tips. Its pretty damn loud but I still want it louder! Once I don't have to do emissions anymore on my truck, Im gonna take all the pollution garbage out and get some electric exhaust cutouts! Only another 9 years...... I can't wait!!!

~Mcfly~

exhaust.JPG

exhaust_2.JPG

exhaust_3.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23