4" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddog

Reaction score
ive been looking for a four inch lift for my 93 bronco. does anyone know if the standard 4" lift from broncograveyard is worth the money. I dont plan on doing any extreme offroading just a little muddin from time to time. aslo is it easy enough to intall myself. thanks

Micah_86

Reaction score
Dont buy frmo broncograveyard.com ... it is much more expensive! GO HERE!!!

http://www.topguncustomz.com/home.php good luck with it. I have been told that suspension lifts are good ideas becuase it will keep your motor parts from being hit as easliy along with a small body lift!! Some people on here know 100X'S MORE THAN I DO! But they have told me to go to the website i refered you to! Good Luck!

.M. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Micah_86

Reaction score
which ones the topgunzsutomz.? Whys that. The onyl reason they arent over $1,000 is because for one not a huge franchise like rough country or mikes off road. Plus its the kit w/out installation where most money is spent. And besides that i have been to over 10 websites that had the same lift kit for near $900. Except the one i showed has more to the FULL SUSPENSION LIFT KIT!

Micah

BRONCO_001.jpg

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
which ones the topgunzsutomz.? Whys that. The onyl reason they arent over $1,000 is because for one not a huge franchise like rough country or mikes off road. Plus its the kit w/out installation where most money is spent. And besides that i have been to over 10 websites that had the same lift kit for near $900. Except the one i showed has more to the FULL SUSPENSION LIFT KIT!Micah

19573[/snapback]

Look again, my friend. The TGZ 6" susp lift kit is made by Rough Country, and DOES NOT include items such as the extended radius arms or lifted rear springs or an AAL. This is the standard RC kit that sells for as low as $489 for the 6" on other sites, including ebay and Rocky Mountain Suspension. Bronco Graveyard handles Superlift susp. lift kits, but most of the major brands fall into the $500-$550 price range. Add the ext. rad. arms, and you are looking at $900-$950.

I'm not knocking Toughgunz, but don't be mislead by comparing apples to oranges.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
This is the guy and kit I got my 6" kit from and I got everything Radius arms included for about the same price. Only things I had to get that the kit didn't come with was the longer brake hoses for the front and Polyurethane bushings that I wanted rather than using the stock ones.

I also got the colored shock boots and the extra shocks for the quad suspension

This is the kit I got

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Reaction score
That's the same link for the standard kit with radius arm drop brackets. I do not see extended, tubular radius arms like these:

tn_gallery_369_14_1109476060.jpg

Any brand will cost $350-$400 more for these 14" longer arms. Lifted rear spring packs are an extra $200-$280, when you buy the kit.

Show me yours! [-X

Last edited by a moderator:

Micah_86

Reaction score
:-" OK WELL SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY THIN THAT THERE ARE BETTER OFFERS THAN TOPGUNZ WHERE CAN I FIND THE FULL SUSPENSION OR THE SUSPENSION AT TOPGUNZ FOR UNDER 600 to put on my 86 Ford EB Bronco 4x4? Thanks.

Micah

BRONCO_003.jpg

OP
OP
M

muddog

Reaction score
all i really want to know is do i really need all the extras that you get in the more expensive packages like the extended radius arms and the add a leaf springs and all the other goodies. thanks

Micah_86

Reaction score
Topgunz looks like it has more but broncozone has some of the things that topgunz doesnt have send a PM to like bronocbull or justshootme they will know and they will see your ?'s!

Micah_86

Reaction score
Thanks alot you REALLY helped me. the only reason I automatically suggested topgunz website was because the guy that referred me to it was REALLY SUPPOSTIVE of it so i figured he wouldnt lead me down the wrong road I think he gave me a really good start! the bronco graveyard one doesnt have everything for the 6 inch lift does it? Thanks.

Micah

BRONCO_003.jpg

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Thanks alot you REALLY helped me. the only reason I automatically suggested topgunz website was because the guy that referred me to it was REALLY SUPPOSTIVE of it so i figured he wouldnt lead me down the wrong road I think he gave me a really good start! the bronco graveyard one doesnt have everything for the 6 inch lift does it? Thanks.Micah

19648[/snapback]

Here's the link to JBG's lift kits for 80-96 Bronco:

JBG Lifts

I see six different kits for your 86, ranging in price from $540-$1350. The kits contain Superlift components, and include some extra items such as adjustable cambr bushings and extended brake lines not found in some other brands of kits.

DO any or all of these have everything you need???

NO. SHOCKS NOT INCLUDED. You will need longer shocks with this kit, four for a normal suspension or six if you have the quad front shocks (2 per side).

While this kit may be more $$$ than another brand like Rough Country, it will allow you to use Superlift's SuperRunner Steering kit which corrects a problem with the steering linkage when a lift kit is installed. That is also additional cost.

If you hear about a good place to buy a kit or get a good deal on one from a friend, it's worth the time to check into it. If the company that makes the kit has a good reputation and the store selling it has good customer service, then buy your kit from them. I have not had any dealings with TGZ or JBG, so I can only comment on the pricing and what each kit contains. ALWAYS ask the tech rep EXACTLY what parts are in the kit and what you will or may need. I have purchased products from both SRE(Summit) and RMS. The service, shipping and tech support are top notch.

Call the topgunzcustoms (TGZ) tech rep and ask them all of the above questions. But before you buy from anyone, be sure you want to get a Rough Country brand kit. Search the forums here and at other sites for reviews and problems with sagging coil springs, ride quality, etc.

My personal choice would be Rancho (4"), Superlift, Skyjacker or **** Cepek. I was ready to send $950 to TruckPerformance.com for a DC Series II kit, but I had a problem with the sites' customer service.

The way I got a better deal at a local 4WD shop was to tell them something like this, "Hey! I can get this Rough Country kit from TGZ for $475.00, can you beat that price on the same kit? What will it cost to install it? (Average cost for install is $450-$500 in my area) IF the shop wants your business on the labor, the lift kit, the rims and tires, and referrals to other customers they will nearly always say, "YES!!! We can cut you a better deal!" Ask around about a good shop or two near you, and talk to the manager (not the 'punk' at the counter). A chain like 4WheelParts may have a reputation for poor service, unless you establish a repore with a particular stores manager. I have had a few one-owner stores tell me, "No, we won't do that work or we can't make you a deal like that." Fine, I'll go to the next one. That's how I do business.

Micah_86

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I will try and look around tomorrow i dont know if you have ever heard of mikesoffroad.com but they have a variety of products and im not sure about them they replaced my front axle!

Micah

EB Bronco

Reaction score
I was the one that suggested Topgunzcustom because that's where I bought mine from and it has been a good lift and in the same price range of other RC lifts. I agree, what type of lift you want depends on how you want to drive your Bronco. Mine is on the road 90% of the time and the off roading I do doesn't warrant me buying the expensive extended radius arms. I may buy them seperate at another time, but the RC lift has done very well on my Bronco. The only problem with the drop brackets is the amount of wheel travel in the front. I have had tires way up in the air when flexing hard and the extended radius arms would have helped in those situations, but the majority of the time the drop brackets are just fine. I don't like blocks so I opted for the shackle flip for the rear and I like it a lot.

Roger

seawalkersee

Reaction score
Im new to the site. Clicked on from the graveyard and found it. I am searching for a solid axle swap for under the 1800 that Fabritech has it for. As far as this lift question goes. If you want your vehicle lifted PROPERLY then go with the extra stuff. The drop arms for the radius arms ensure proper steering axis inclination and have the proper specs or Closer than what you would have and they help with your bumpsteer.

Chris

seawalkersee

Reaction score
I just clicked on Ebay and they have a 4" lift on their with the drop brackets for the radius arms for under $500.

Chris

Justshootme84

Reaction score
I just clicked on Ebay and they have a 4" lift on their with the drop brackets for the radius arms for under $500.
Chris

19706[/snapback]

Brand name? Vendor? Details? Be more specific, please. :-& #036;

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coueshunter