351m valley pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fritz180

Reaction score
I have a 351m engine and I am putting on a edelbrock intake with egr and my question is. Do I need to replace the valley pan that is already in there from the other intake I have on it now, do I need a valley pan and what exactly does that do? Also I'm buying this intake used. Should I try to buy a edelbrock intake gasket for it or can I use a gasket from the local autoparts store?

Thanks,

Mike

aqua_wonder

Reaction score
I installed the Felpro paper gasket set, which is similar to the edelbrock gaskets.

You could always take the intake to a machine shop and have it cleaned and checked for cracks just incase.

swampthing

Reaction score
the valleypan is your intake gasket just the way the design is as far as i know you do need it every 400 or 351m i have owned or worked on had them best bet to stick with what it had

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Id say its needed it is the gasket but also keeps the hot oil off the bottom of the intake helping make the incoming air cooler . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
F

Fritz180

Reaction score
thanks for the info. I was curious what someone else thought.. now I just need to find an egr alluminium intake with egr, and an egr plate. thanks for the help guys.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgil