1995 Bronco Heater / Air Fan speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pamm

Pamm

Reaction score
That kind of moisture would have me looking at heater core too.

Great find!

I checked my local sources for grins; none on shelf, but in next-day warehouses, and none of the other common brands include a connector.

View attachment 29471

Sorry but I ask if the different part number would fit you think?

Motech

Reaction score
The Dorman 973-412 is a direct replacement for your resistor pack. Dorman often covers more applications than original part, and provides a new connector for vehicles that might have a different connector.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it will work. Motech is absolutely correct.

Any of those listed on Rock auto would probably work just fine. Look at the pictures and compare to your part. It used to be Ford made parts 7 years after the production of a certain model stopped. So we take what we can get out of junk yards or what is offered in the aftermarket. That means we are stuck figuring it out on our own since like 2003.

There may be some new old stock parts around on sites like ebay. But seriously for a consumable part like this, save your money and go with the cheaper one. Your bronco will never know the difference.

Motech

Reaction score
@Pamm
With all that corrosion, make sure the vacuum hose going into the heater case is connected and in good shape. It comes off a vacuum reservoir, and if disconnected or cracked, you won't have any HVAC mode control, will blow out defrost only.

OP
OP
Pamm

Pamm

Reaction score
Got it ordered for Rock Auto, Thanks Guys

Broncosandpartsgarage

Reaction score
Ok my bronco sat a while and Now I am working hard to get back in A 1 shape. My fan only runs on high now. It that in the switch or the fan ???
Could be a bad hvac control. The actual thing you turn the dials on. Bad potentiometer. If you cannot Barrie it down, I sell the hvac controls for $45 plus ship

OP
OP
Pamm

Pamm

Reaction score
Got my new part in from rock auto. Now it looks like i need to splice wires ( i can to that ). And then glove up again and try to get those 2 hard to reach screws in, The one on the bottom took me a while to get out. I had to buy a 1/4" drive set to get anything to reach past thebpug to take out all in one peice due to the plug rusted onto the other part.

Motech

Reaction score
The one on the bottom took me a while to get out. I had to buy a 1/4" drive set to get anything to reach...

Just reviewing a few past posts and spotted this line.
Love it when a challenge makes one say up with THAT, I'm'a go buy me the right tools! (y)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane