1994 ford bronco hard shifting after speedo went out! Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Broncomanshane

Reaction score
YESSSSS! So after all the VSS was NOT bad. Somewhere along the line the previous owner had re spliced the wire amd the green wire slipped out of that heat shrink amd crimp, causing the speedo to go out. I couldnt force the aftermarket vss in to where i couldnt see o ring so i put the old back in to start trouble shooting. I went to a junk yard and pulled the wire running from vss for a buck because i was so skeptical about the corosion on mine. Used a pair of

Nice strippers and got them all snug into the shrink tube hooked it all back up with the one solid concection. So all in all i bought a new vss CONNECTOR, and pulled the green and red wire off of a junk f150 and PRESTO, shes back in full force shifting smoothly running like a beast. I did change all fuses that u guys directed me to as well just as precautionary measures

OP
OP
B

Broncomanshane

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your

Time help and patience and understanding of all my problems and the patience. I procrastinated and it could have been done sooner but shes back in full force and i thank you all

So much

OP
OP
B

Broncomanshane

Reaction score
But when i backed out of

Driveway to test drive i had a

Big puddle of

Oil, its dripping down off the tranny behind the oil pan area? Any input? Or

Start a new thread

Members online