1992 Ford Bronco 5.8, misses and lacks power under load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobhjuneau

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 1992 Ford Bronco XLT with a 5.8 EFi engine, 4x4, auto tranny. It blew the timing chain cover gasket during a cold spell this winter. After a goat rope and a half with water pump studs breaking off in the block and working outisde in -30 degree temperatures, I was finally able to get everything back together and working. I drove the Bronco around town and it seemed to be running very well except for at stoplights where it ran rough and idled a little high. At normal speeds it was smooth. I stopped at one place and started it up again. As I pulled off I noticed that the more I put the gas pedal down it started bogging down. I got the deep throaty sound from the intake but then the engine would shake and it would not accelerate. The Bronco then died. I then remembered that my fuel guage was reading 1/4 when it was really empty. Soi I got gas in it and it started up fine. Same problem with accelerating. I was able to feather the throttle to get up to speed and it would run fine unless I tried to floor it. I had my foot all the way down and it would slowly accelerate. Any ideas? The IAC was just replaced before the gasket blew this winter so it has next to no time on it.

oktogo

Reaction score
my truck was acting up to and bogging down from bad gas to much ethnol in it but thats just me w8 for some of the big guys to answer your Q

OP
OP
B

bobhjuneau

Reaction score
Gas seems to be fine. I drove it around yesterday again and it appeared to have the problem again after warming up. I started thinking egr valve but then I drove it around quite a bit today and it seemed to be fine.?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23