running rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddinlate86

Reaction score
the old gal is running real rich!you can smell the gas shes wasting but dont know why.no fuel leakes shes just running real rich.any advice?and no bronco joe havent tried to get the codes yet havent had time.lol just curiouse(cant spell)if any one might have a sudjestion

thanx

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
the old gal is running real rich!you can smell the gas shes wasting but dont know why.no fuel leakes shes just running real rich.any advice?and no bronco joe havent tried to get the codes yet havent had time.lol just curiouse(cant spell)if any one might have a sudjestionthanx
Heheehe... LOL :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well. I guess you could change your O2 sensor, if that doesn't work, your MAP sensor, and your air filter, then your ground to the PCM, and power to the PCM. Check for vacuum leaks.

OP
OP
muddinlate86

muddinlate86

Reaction score
whats pcm?also i dont have a cat or muffler.i do have an o2 sen. will that throw it off that bad?

JLasvegas

Reaction score
mine was running with too much CO output and I found that the power wire to the ECM "emmisions control module" was broken, I repaired the wire and put it on a smog machine and she is back to good

Ozark Hauler

Reaction score
mine was running with too much CO output and I found that the power wire to the ECM "emmisions control module" was broken, I repaired the wire and put it on a smog machine and she is back to good
Hey J-LV ,

My 94' is experiancing the same problem as muddinlate86' . It's running so rich that It'll give you a headache standing near the rear , but the plugs are white (?) .

Where is that little jewel located ? Isn't there a source to locate all the controls etc on these electronical nightmares ? I had to do alot of high water crossings this past winter and I'm wondering if something didn't get wet again ( several crossing with water to the hood ) . I had PCM replaced last fall as it got drowned in one of our creeks . I have downloaded the guide for pulling codes .

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
muddinlate86

muddinlate86

Reaction score
is it possible to show a pic? i was messing with my harness earlier and did find some bare wirs that gave me a shock!after a little tap i fixed em and did notice a big diff.

JLasvegas

Reaction score
Hey J-LV ,My 94' is experiancing the same problem as muddinlate86' . It's running so rich that It'll give you a headache standing near the rear , but the plugs are white (?) .

Where is that little jewel located ? Isn't there a source to locate all the controls etc on these electronical nightmares ? I had to do alot of high water crossings this past winter and I'm wondering if something didn't get wet again ( several crossing with water to the hood ) . I had PCM replaced last fall as it got drowned in one of our creeks . I have downloaded the guide for pulling codes .

Steve
not sure where its located on a 94 but on my 85 its located on the passenger side just to the side of the carb and near the valve cover

Ilduce

Reaction score
sorry to jack topic.

i have a 83 bronco xlt with a 302, upgraded manifold with a 4 bbl carb. no cats only muffler. Shes running rich also, any ideas?

Redneck86

First On Race Day
Reaction score
If your runnin a carbureted engine you aint got all those sensors that f*ck with the engine. Your problem is the carburetor is outta tune. My 86 has a 351W with the stock 4bbl intake and edelbrock carb, no cats just headers and dual Flowmasters runs fine.

RLL

Reaction score
Where is the MAF sensor located on a bone stock 94 with 351W engine?

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Where is the MAF sensor located on a bone stock 94 with 351W engine?
RLL,

Welcome to BroncoZone!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I know where to get it.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, he can eat for a lifetime.

If you go to www.autozone.com and enter your vehicle's year, model and engine, one can look up various sensors and actuators, and their locations.

joe

PS. WHen you find out, please post your answer here, so that others may learn.

Also if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

RLL

Reaction score
Right, so the OEM manual says. The only thing is, there's nothing between the air box and the throttle body other than the rubber intake plenum, and it has nothing else on it--no wires, nothing. And AutoZone only lists a MAP sensor for this engine.

Ilduce

Reaction score
If your runnin a carbureted engine you aint got all those sensors that f*ck with the engine. Your problem is the carburetor is outta tune. My 86 has a 351W with the stock 4bbl intake and edelbrock carb, no cats just headers and dual Flowmasters runs fine.
cool, i dont drive the truck much. Ill have it tuned B)

richcrest

Reaction score
OK. This turns out to be an unintentional trick question. 94 Broncos with 5.8 engines did not come with MAF sensors, at least not in CA. We were treated to MAF sensors in 1995.

92bronco_in_progress

Yeah its a 92 bronco
Reaction score
Right, so the OEM manual says. The only thing is, there's nothing between the air box and the throttle body other than the rubber intake plenum, and it has nothing else on it--no wires, nothing. And AutoZone only lists a MAP sensor for this engine.
then it isn't equipped with MAF

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar