New Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walkercreekbronco

Reaction score
Wow, who does a paint job for $400? I painted mine myself and paint/primer alone cost over $800.

Great to see the NRA sticker.

stepchild

Reaction score
Looks fantastic! For that price I wouldn't even care if theres a few runs! Are you going to color sand?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
rodsteal

rodsteal

Reaction score
Maaco sprayed the color for $300 with $100 of body work to fix the little stuff I don't have the patients for. You have to take all the molding and trim off yourself along with the tail gate, but that gives you a chance to clean it all before you put it back together. I left the windshield in and the door glass, so they taped all that, but since I was replacing it with the original color(or close to it) any spots they missed around the glass were already taken care or. As well, the inside of the doors, under the hood and the back side of the windshield were all the same color.

retsoced

Reaction score
That looks great. I have question for you though, what's the small air scoop you have on the hood/passenger side? Just never seen it before and I am curious...

Time to find a Maaco around here I think.

OP
OP
rodsteal

rodsteal

Reaction score
The hood scoop is for the heater intake. I don't know if it was a stock option, it would make more since on the drivers side for the "air conditioner" LOL, but the heater side works also. I saw another EB with one on each side and that looked cool and made more sense. Since the heater core is on that side and that is basically a second radiator, I imagine it helps to cool the engine a little also. The only drag with he scoop is the windshield hits it when I fold it down, but how often do you really ever do that?

frdbronco73

Reaction score
VERY NICE !!!!!!! i have been thinking about sending mine to maaco, because it is not worth me playing with it for that price. What color is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
rodsteal

rodsteal

Reaction score
VERY NICE !!!!!!! i have been thinking about sending mine to maaco, because it is not worth me playing with it for that price. What color is that?

I figured I would not cry if I scratched a $400 paint job, but even a $1000 job I would cry like a baby. Plus, if I scratch a door and smash a panel, I can fix the dent and take it back to have them re-soot it for $100.

I dont know what the color was. I just had them match the remaining inside paint that I believe was the original color. They got close enough, a littel too metalic, but if I wanted perfection I would have paid the $1000.(or more)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula