Steering Column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stellgod

Reaction score
Hi...I was wondering...are the steering columns in a 78&79 Bronco and a 78&79 f-100 the same? If they aren't could you explain the differences between em? thanks for the help...

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
there the same if the F100 has power steering. If the F100 doesn't have power steering it'll have a tad bit longer/shorter steering shaft. been so long since i messed with em i forgot which is longer or shorter

OP
OP
S

stellgod

Reaction score
sweet dood...manual is longer cuz thats what i have in my 71 f-100 but it has power steering...im wanting to put tilt in it and the one i have now is sitting a lil too close ;-)

OP
OP
S

stellgod

Reaction score
Also, is it a direct bolt on? I can figure out the wiring but doesn't the bronco have a different type of bolt on to the gear box...i can't find many pics of it on the web...and if it is different does someone make an adapter kit to change it over to a 2wd set up? or is it a simple process where i can buy the parts at a junkyard?

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
Just get the tilt colum and bolt it in. the bolt pattern and wiring is the same on trucks and bronco's. If the colum has cruise it'll have more wires. but still should be a easy bolt in.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj