Steering Column Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncoguy74

Reaction score
Anyone aware of where to find instructions for rebuilding the steering column in a 1974 Bronco with auto trans. Have purchased and received a rebuild kit with upper & lower bearings / bushings and other parts. No instructions came with the kit. Called the kit supplier .... says no instructions available.

G

Guest_Samo

Well,Bronco Guy

I just did rebuild my 74 collum from a kit I got from Bronco Graveyard.There is a printout of the steering collum on their website at Jeffsbroncograveyard.com.I had a fairly easy job of doing the rebuild.Just make sure everything is tight and if there is any doubt change out the turn signal cam and wiring harness now while you are doing this.Good Luck Samo

OP
OP
B

broncoguy74

Reaction score
Samo,

Thanks for your comments. I have a copy of the diagam you mentioned. Also got my rebuild kit from JBG. Glad to hear that you used the same kit without encountering major problems.

Thanks

OP
OP
B

broncoguy74

Reaction score
I finally got to spend some time in my garage and install the steering column rebuild kit this past weekend. Turned out to be a little more time consuming that anticipated. After finding a tip about holding the column together with bunge cords (brake pedal to gear shifter) it was simple to install the C clip at the top of the steering shaft. Afterwards the rest of the re-assembly went quickly. Results seem pretty good and the bronco drives with less "wondering" on the road.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948