NEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLUESTALLION88

Reaction score
I got a 88 b2 2wd FM146 5 speed tranny!! I just changed the brakes, rotor, and calipers, took it down the street to make sure every thing was good, it was, BUT when i was shifting gears i noticed the clutch started to stick a little, so i pulled it back in the shop and when I tried to put it in R the truck cut off, i couldn't shift it in any gear, the clutch is real soft, and when u let go the clutch comes up real slow!! I can dry shift but nothing with the key on., Fluid in the reservoir, even bleeded the ***** cylinder, After a while messing with it on the lift i had the clutch pedal down and moving it to the left and it went in gear!! so i started the truck and when I press the brake and clutch with it in 1st the idle died down and the truck shut off!!! Then it would not go back in gear, the truck will not start now the clutch is not engaging what so ever!!!! WHAT COULD IT BE?????? ***** or Master cylinder I heard it could be the clutch pedal switch, IF SO CAN I BYPASS THE SWITCH????????!!! looked inside at the ***** and there is no leaking either!!

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
I helped a friend changed the motor out of his Ford f-150. Everything worked ,started and all. I went back the next day and his clutch would not work.Their was no leaks either. After my friend put in a new hydraulic cylinder it worked fine. We were told in the later model fords--the hydraulic ***** goes bad alot and they always keep extras( now this was at Advance Auto) and I was also told this week--the fuel electric fuel pumps you get for these later model vehicles---are worthless at Advance Auto) It was told buy a mechanis who work on vehicles everyday. He said he had better luck with used ones.He quit buying fuel pumps at Advance Auto

OP
OP
B

BLUESTALLION88

Reaction score
Yea i was told by a guy who works on transmission, that it could be the ***** but i should bleed it first and start with the master cylinder, and then work my way up!!! I did the, plugs,wire's, valve gaskets, igintion module, fuel regulator and filter, idle control module, brakes, rotors, and i just painted three days ago and ready to ride and show this off, but now the clutch issue!!! Never ending story with this DAMN B2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula