It's that time of the year again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadkill

Reaction score
It's a kind of heavy vinyl material. Very similar to what they make a car "Bra" out of, only a little more heavy duty. The windows are the same thing as Jeep windows are made of.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I like the looks of that STC top, and the material looks very durable. IF you ca npost a few pics of the mounting set-up, that would be great, JSM84

Roadkill

Reaction score
I like the looks of that STC top, and the material looks very durable. IF you ca npost a few pics of the mounting set-up, that would be great, JSM84
I will certainly do that, but you guys will have to wait a few more months. It seems that I am one of the lucky winners of 90 more days in beautiful Baghdad. I will not be coming home this summer like I thought. It will be fall before I get there. But when I do, I will put together a thorough description with photos of the all parts.

Roadkill

Reaction score
What a crock of @#$%*!!!! Man thats just not right!!!!
It's ok, bud. I don't like it, but I knew the risks when I raised my right hand and took the oath. Besides, after 365 days in theater, I get another $1000 per month on top of my other combat zone pay incentives. That extra $3000 that I didn't plan on getting should just about cover my lift and tires when I get back. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

keeprollling

Reaction score
It's ok, bud. I don't like it, but I knew the risks when I raised my right hand and took the oath. Besides, after 365 days in theater, I get another $1000 per month on top of my other combat zone pay incentives. That extra $3000 that I didn't plan on getting should just about cover my lift and tires when I get back. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Wait, you are in Baghdad? Isnt there new regulations on sending any internet based communication for soldiers deployed?

Roadkill

Reaction score
Wait, you are in Baghdad? Isnt there new regulations on sending any internet based communication for soldiers deployed?
8IESwCn2sj.gif

You are the second person that's asked me about that today (the other was in a PM from another Broncozoner) so I did a google search and found these two articles:

Article #1

Article #2

The stories sound more alarming than they really are. (typical of the LIBERAL biased media) Most of the sights mentioned have already been blocked on Govt computers for a very long time. We can still access those sites through the contractor run internet cafe's and some of us are lucky enough to have private internet access in our living quarters. (I am one of those lucky souls, but it does cost me a few bucks) My activities on Broncozone do not qualify as any of the regulated activities in the article (mainly blogging) and, since Broncozone is not one of the banned sites, I can still access it from my office computer (where I spend at least 12 hours a day)

So, without getting any further off topic, I will just say that rumors of Roadkill's bannishment from the internet are greatly exagerated.
uDg4pjZ15C.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

keeprollling

Reaction score
8IESwCn2sj.gif
You are the second person that's asked me about that today (the other was in a PM from another Broncozoner) so I did a google search and found these two articles:

Article #1

Article #2

The stories sound more alarming than they really are. (typical of the LIBERAL biased media) Most of the sights mentioned have already been blocked on Govt computers for a very long time. We can still access those sites through the contractor run internet cafe's and some of us are lucky enough to have private internet access in our living quarters. (I am one of those lucky souls, but it does cost me a few bucks) My activities on Broncozone do not qualify as any of the regulated activities in the article (mainly blogging) and, since Broncozone is not one of the banned sites, I can still access it from my office computer (where I spend at least 12 hours a day)

So, without getting any further off topic, I will just say that rumors of Roadkill's bannishment from the internet are greatly exagerated.
uDg4pjZ15C.gif
Im glad to hear that. Now back on the subject, A soft top, does it represnt no security at all? I live in Los Angeles, people here have sticky fingers.

Roadkill

Reaction score
There really is no way to safeguard the contents of the vehicle with the soft top on so I just don't keep anything of value in there. I only carry burned copies of my CD's, stereo has removable face, CB was $25 at a flea market, I keep registration and insurance in my pocket, and starting system is disabled when I leave it. I also leave the doors unlocked since some thieves might not know that my windows just zip out and resort to a knife to get in.

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
i just got through taking the top off of my '95 for the first time. i don't think it had ever been taken off since new. however, the rubber weather stripping, bolts, etc. were all fine and there were no surprises at all. popped off with ease, and definately something every owner should tackle once. it took me about 45 minutes to complete the job by myself. enjoy.
DSC04999.jpg

DSC05000.jpg

DSC05003.jpg

DSC05001-1.jpg
Beside it being pretty easy to take the top off... how was it going back on, and did you have any problems with it leaking?

OP
OP
G

green streak

Reaction score
Beside it being pretty easy to take the top off... how was it going back on, and did you have any problems with it leaking?
wasn't hard at all putting it on. i would reccomend a couple of buddies help you put it back on though. and also, as justshootme84 said, it's alot easier to leave a few bolts out for the next time. i've had it on and off about 3 times now, and it's never leaked when i put it back on.

321 bronco

Reaction score
Man that is Beautiful. i have a 94' Black and tan eddie bauer just put duals on it yesterday and i am already loving my truck even more. i live in the city so i wouldn't dare take my top of until i move to the burbs young whipper snappers already tried to steal her twice once through the window and once tried to jimmy the lock on the passenger side. back to my point though. that is one pretty machine you have there. :)>-

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
wasn't hard at all putting it on. i would reccomend a couple of buddies help you put it back on though. and also, as justshootme84 said, it's alot easier to leave a few bolts out for the next time. i've had it on and off about 3 times now, and it's never leaked when i put it back on.
Thanks for the input. Ya'll have really helped me alot already. Can't wait to see what she looks like with the top off. Unfortunatly our winter in N.E. Pa. is really long...but that means extra time on the sleds!!

Jersey

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Ya'll have really helped me alot already. Can't wait to see what she looks like with the top off. Unfortunatly our winter in N.E. Pa. is really long...but that means extra time on the sleds!!
Tell me about it. It was damn near 70 yesterday, and all I wanted to do was take the top off and ditch work. Today, I froze to death.

ffa_warrior

Reaction score
ok ive got a problem.. ive got the same year and everything bronco and i cant get to the bolts to get the top off.. did you have to pop your interior covers off to get to it?. if so how do u do it with out breaking the push pins?.. please let me know heres my email [email protected]

OP
OP
G

green streak

Reaction score
ok ive got a problem.. ive got the same year and everything bronco and i cant get to the bolts to get the top off.. did you have to pop your interior covers off to get to it?. if so how do u do it with out breaking the push pins?.. please let me know heres my email [email protected]
There are plastic plugs that are covering up the screws that run down below both side windows on the inside of the topper. there is one long ***** in the center of the front of the topper. (sit down in the driver seat and look up.) it takes a special torks bit. once that comes out, there two long plastic pieces should come off revealing more screws. besides unhooking the 3rd brake light from the rear, that's about all there is to it. oh, and make sure the rear window is down when you take the top off. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ffa_warrior

Reaction score
There are plastic plugs that are covering up the screws that run down below both side windows on the inside of the topper. there is one long ***** in the center of the front of the topper. (sit down in the driver seat and look up.) it takes a special torks bit. once that comes out, there two long plastic pieces should come off revealing more screws. besides unhooking the 3rd brake light from the rear, that's about all there is to it. oh, and make sure the rear window is down when you take the top off. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks so much.. ive only had my bronco for about 2 weeks but ive always loved them.. i couldnt find anything on the top so i thought id ask someone that would know.. thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23