High Idle shifting into park Solved!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunnySutton

Reaction score
After replacing the Idle Control, MAPS, EGR, O2 sensor, Vacuum lines, TPS, and temp sensor my 1990 Bronco 302 EFI would rev high after shifting into park. Backstory was I had check engine light that would intermittently come off and on with abnormal idle so I went on a swapping spree of sensors. I even went as far as to replace the throttle body. End result was that the BRAND NEW TPS was faulty and would stick sometimes causing a high idle when shifting into park. I put the old one in and reset the ECU, and presto, no more sticky throttle sensor. Only reason I caught it was that I would disconnect the TPS and it would stop. When I took it off you could see where it was stuck. Autozone TPS Duralast Brand not recommeded.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Gunny,
Welcome and thanks for that info! I buy Mototcraft parts as much as possible. Rockauto.com has a good selection of big Bronco parts.
On 21 May, 2019 I purchased a 96 Ford Bronco 5.0 ignition control module, Motorcraft® DY 1077 from Rock Auto.

I received it 23 May and noticed the usual Motorcraft® logo wasn't impressed on it.
The box looked the same as what I have purchased in past from our local Ford dealership.

I e mailed Ford Global Brand Protection and asked, "is this is a genuine Mototocraft part?"
Here's the reply;
"After reviewing the information you provided, the part you purchased appears to be genuine. The OE current model part does not have a Motorcraft/Ford logo on it and looks like the part in your photo. Since the vehicle model year for this part is very old the supplier of the part most likely has changed. Also we have not had any prior issues with Rock Auto selling non-genuine parts."
Lisa W.
Ford Motor Company
Global Brand Protection
"What Is Global Brand Protection?
The Global Brand Protection group exists to protect the consumer by ensuring high quality original equipment parts are used in your vehicle that are recommended by Ford Motor Company. Counterfeit products potentially compromise consumer expectations because they do not meet Ford Motor Company’s rigorous testing and quality control standards.

Global Brand Protection focuses on:
Preventing the distribution of and removing counterfeit parts from the marketplace
Ensuring that the company’s trademarks are used appropriately
Maintaining the integrity of the sale and distribution of Genuine Ford parts..."
Ford | Global Brand Protection
◇⊙◇

Here are the 1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
Find page # of item desired in contents, then flip screen down like spinning a thumbwheel, then stopping periodically to see what page you are on.
Suggest you download for faster scrolling and to use the table of contents index.

1990 Ford Bronco Brochure, partial by El Kabong @ 1990 Ford Bronco Brochure pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Al

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK